• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After market lenses what is good what is bad?

Which is best?

• Total voters
Oh my god , but do you read what i post?!!

I try, but your English skills are challenging so a lot gets lost in translation.

But i read so many people on this forum telling that they use fakes so they dont scratch the authentic ones!!

I think the confusion here is that when people refer to "fakes" on this forum, they mean a complete pair (frames+lenses) that are claimed to be Oakleys but are not. Aftermarket lenses aren't considered fake because nobody's trying to say they're made by Oakley, they're just non-OEM replacement parts.

I dont use fakes ok i have just One PAIR frame that i put good quality lenses .

Not sure what you're saying here - do you mean you have one real pair that you use "good quality" aftermarket lenses in, or do you mean you have one fake frame?

You should chill. When you cop an attitude towards peoples' responses to your posts, then people stop responding to your posts.

I try, but your English skills are challenging so a lot gets lost in translation.

I think the confusion here is that when people refer to "fakes" on this forum, they mean a complete pair (frames+lenses) that are claimed to be Oakleys but are not. Aftermarket lenses aren't considered fake because nobody's trying to say they're made by Oakley, they're just non-OEM replacement parts.

Not sure what you're saying here - do you mean you have one real pair that you use "good quality" aftermarket lenses in, or do you mean you have one fake frame?

You should chill. When you cop an attitude towards peoples' responses to your posts, then people stop responding to your posts.

i am sorry , i am portuguese so i talk like José Mourinho lololol , sorry my english maybe its a little dificult to understand .
I dont want to be rude , but you dont go the point of my post .
Youre answer was like i was talking about fish and you talk about meat !!!!!!
like i told before i just have one fake frame , all my other oakley are authentic and i use all of them without afraid of scratching them because i have carefully , and i have this fake frame because is 99 % close to original you only see the diference if you put them on your hands and touch them cause the detail are superb , for example on the 2 small dots they are even more perfect than the 2 dots i have in one authentic pair .
This one fake pair that i have was only an experience that i do , because i like the frames , so i decided to put good quality lenses from eyeglasses store on theses fake frames i have , it was only an experience , because i am not an follower of placing good lenses on fake frames , this was only an experience .
But my point and what i want to learn with you people from the forum is about lenses alignment , because of that i ask you if i change the original curvature from the frames i will distort the alignment of lenses ?????
i just want to have a conclusion about this , i will explain again , on that fake frame i put good lenses and in the begining i feel fine with that lenses , but i change the curvature of that frame , bending the frame and enlarge the sunglasses so they dont stay so tight on my head .After changing the curvature of the frame i never feel ok with that sunglasses again so i never use them again .
On the authentic ones i was thinking on bending them so they stay more confortable and i heard about people that heat the frames and they open the frames a little bit so they stay more large , i can do this without heating the frame , but i have afraid that changing the curvature of frames i will give distortion to the lenses so i have afraid of doing that on the authentic ones .
But i heard some people heat the authentic frames so they put them more large and they have no problems with distortion !!!

And this what i want to learn with you people my question was nothing about fakes and put oem lenses on fake frames , i give you that example cause i only have courage to bend that fake frames and after that i feel bad with the good lenses i put on that frames .

So can you explain if lenses need to be on a precise curvature so they dont have distortion , or that is not necessary ????
can i change the original curvature of frames or i will give distortion to lenses ???
i just want some explanation on easy words if possible cause i am note very technique on this things
thanks

and like i told you i dont support fakes read my other post :

iamFLIP said:
As expected for something made in China. I wouldn't be surprised if the same factory that makes the authentic ones are responsible with the fakes -- use the same molds with different materials.

Please dont tell that kind of thing , thats totaly fake like the fake sunglasses , if you have a fake pair on your hands you will see the diferences so fast even with close eyes , just touching , and if you look to the piece of crap of fake lenses , or there suposed polaroid polarized quality , you can easy find distortion on lenses , on the polarized ones its so easy .
i am a beginner on the forum but i am not a beginner on respect of recognize quality i am not a beginner !!!!!!
the materials are different but the molds are different too , the fakes have different sizes than authentic , the fakes better quality holbrook are bigger than the authentics .
i am not an expert on fakes but i study the case cause i dont want to be fooled by fakes !!!!!!!!!

Grátis frete Polarized Holbrook Ducati MotoGP Rossi VR46 ciclismo esporte óculos homens lentes TR90 quadro Iridium Sports Sun vidro em Óculos Escuros de Roupas e Acessórios Masculinos no AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

this is here you can find the most of the fakes that come down to the market , the famous Aliexpress but please dont compare these fakes with oakley , maybe the frames are not so bad because they use Tr 90 but even on the frames the diferences are so obviuos , but if you look to the lenses , they are piece of crap , what they say is good quality polarized for me its piece of crap , maybe they are close to Polaroid sunglasses , but a smart guy cant tell that Polaroid sunglasses are good !!!!!!!

dont understand me wrong , i just give this link of aliexpress for knowledge of the forum cause i dont want to make any kind of publicity for this piece of crap sunglasses ........

The madman Fake

2015 de alta qualidade louco 2 cor do quadro Metal Frame lente polarizada Outdoor homens esporte óculos de sol com embalagem Original em Óculos Escuros de Roupas e Acessórios Masculinos no AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited: Tuesday at 6:33 PM

Read more: Fake Badman & Madman Photos *Buyer Beware | Page 4 | Oakley Forum

i am sorry , i am portuguese so i talk like José Mourinho lololol , sorry my english maybe its a little dificult to understand .
I dont want to be rude , but you dont go the point of my post .
Youre answer was like i was talking about fish and you talk about meat !!!!!!
like i told before i just have one fake frame , all my other oakley are authentic and i use all of them without afraid of scratching them because i have carefully , and i have this fake frame because is 99 % close to original you only see the diference if you put them on your hands and touch them cause the detail are superb , for example on the 2 small dots they are even more perfect than the 2 dots i have in one authentic pair .
This one fake pair that i have was only an experience that i do , because i like the frames , so i decided to put good quality lenses from eyeglasses store on theses fake frames i have , it was only an experience , because i am not an follower of placing good lenses on fake frames , this was only an experience .
But my point and what i want to learn with you people from the forum is about lenses alignment , because of that i ask you if i change the original curvature from the frames i will distort the alignment of lenses ?????
i just want to have a conclusion about this , i will explain again , on that fake frame i put good lenses and in the begining i feel fine with that lenses , but i change the curvature of that frame , bending the frame and enlarge the sunglasses so they dont stay so tight on my head .After changing the curvature of the frame i never feel ok with that sunglasses again so i never use them again .
On the authentic ones i was thinking on bending them so they stay more confortable and i heard about people that heat the frames and they open the frames a little bit so they stay more large , i can do this without heating the frame , but i have afraid that changing the curvature of frames i will give distortion to the lenses so i have afraid of doing that on the authentic ones .
But i heard some people heat the authentic frames so they put them more large and they have no problems with distortion !!!

And this what i want to learn with you people my question was nothing about fakes and put oem lenses on fake frames , i give you that example cause i only have courage to bend that fake frames and after that i feel bad with the good lenses i put on that frames .

So can you explain if lenses need to be on a precise curvature so they dont have distortion , or that is not necessary ????
can i change the original curvature of frames or i will give distortion to lenses ???
i just want some explanation on easy words if possible cause i am note very technique on this things
thanks

and like i told you i dont support fakes read my other post :

iamFLIP said:
As expected for something made in China. I wouldn't be surprised if the same factory that makes the authentic ones are responsible with the fakes -- use the same molds with different materials.

Please dont tell that kind of thing , thats totaly fake like the fake sunglasses , if you have a fake pair on your hands you will see the diferences so fast even with close eyes , just touching , and if you look to the piece of crap of fake lenses , or there suposed polaroid polarized quality , you can easy find distortion on lenses , on the polarized ones its so easy .
i am a beginner on the forum but i am not a beginner on respect of recognize quality i am not a beginner !!!!!!
the materials are different but the molds are different too , the fakes have different sizes than authentic , the fakes better quality holbrook are bigger than the authentics .
i am not an expert on fakes but i study the case cause i dont want to be fooled by fakes !!!!!!!!!

Grátis frete Polarized Holbrook Ducati MotoGP Rossi VR46 ciclismo esporte óculos homens lentes TR90 quadro Iridium Sports Sun vidro em Óculos Escuros de Roupas e Acessórios Masculinos no AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

this is here you can find the most of the fakes that come down to the market , the famous Aliexpress but please dont compare these fakes with oakley , maybe the frames are not so bad because they use Tr 90 but even on the frames the diferences are so obviuos , but if you look to the lenses , they are piece of crap , what they say is good quality polarized for me its piece of crap , maybe they are close to Polaroid sunglasses , but a smart guy cant tell that Polaroid sunglasses are good !!!!!!!

dont understand me wrong , i just give this link of aliexpress for knowledge of the forum cause i dont want to make any kind of publicity for this piece of crap sunglasses ........

The madman Fake

2015 de alta qualidade louco 2 cor do quadro Metal Frame lente polarizada Outdoor homens esporte óculos de sol com embalagem Original em Óculos Escuros de Roupas e Acessórios Masculinos no AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited: Tuesday at 6:33 PM

Read more: Fake Badman & Madman Photos *Buyer Beware | Page 4 | Oakley Forum

To answer your question, the best advice is not to bend them at all, unless you plan to never sell them. Bending them out of shape will ruin their value.

If you must bend them, bend the earstems, not the orbitals. Carefully.

If you must bend the orbitals' curvature, that will cause the lenses to no longer fit properly. If you're able to bend the lenses to force them in, you risk stress cracks over time in the lenses and yes, it can effect optical quality. Or they might not even fit at all.

But for the alignment specifically, where the orbitals themselves are not bent but repositioned relative to each other, that's not really a big deal, optically. Realize that everybody has different shaped heads, different spacing of their eyes - that test they do with the lasers, for most people their eyes don't perfectly line up with the "center spot" anyway.

Does that answer your question?

To answer your question, the best advice is not to bend them at all, unless you plan to never sell them. Bending them out of shape will ruin their value.

If you must bend them, bend the earstems, not the orbitals. Carefully.

If you must bend the orbitals' curvature, that will cause the lenses to no longer fit properly. If you're able to bend the lenses to force them in, you risk stress cracks over time in the lenses and yes, it can effect optical quality. Or they might not even fit at all.

But for the alignment specifically, where the orbitals themselves are not bent but repositioned relative to each other, that's not really a big deal, optically. Realize that everybody has different shaped heads, different spacing of their eyes - that test they do with the lasers, for most people their eyes don't perfectly line up with the "center spot" anyway.

Does that answer your question?

Yes many thanks you go directly to the point of my post . Thank you

""But for the alignment specifically, where the orbitals themselves are not bent but repositioned relative to each other,that's not really a big deal""

i read more carefully and when i talk about bent i dont bend the orbitals , just the bridge , i do this on a holbrook pair , i bend just a little the bridge so they open and stay more large , and i feel ok with them after that ... if i bend the earstems i will take off they original shape and i want to keep the earstems ergonomically .
Bending the bridge its like you say , everibody has different shaped heads , and if my holbrook are used on a bigger head than mine head , the bridge will bend more on that face because they will open more , so i should not be worried with bending the bridge just a little bit , because it hapens on different faces , the bridge open more or less depending the size of the face and that dont make any negative effect on them .....

i think i bend to much that sunglasses pair i feel bad after bending them and maybe i change the orbitals shape thats why i cant use them anymore .....give me headache

i think i should go for the eyepacth 2 but even that sunglasses will make marks on side of my face i think , because the offshoot are large and they make marks on side of my face , i am not fat but i have a rectangular large head near the ears .....

I now have 13 pairs of Revant lenses...

(3) for Radars/RadarLocks
(6) for X-Metal XS
(3) for X-Metal XX
(1) Elite HC3 for my Juliet

they're fine for me and quite a few other people on this forum...

have confidence in Revant...

Hello, everyone.

We come late to this thread, but I feel forced to talk/write.

Anyone who has tried our lenses? Please feel free to criticize or declaring your love :party:

Thanks.

Anyone who has tried our lenses? Please feel free to criticize or declaring your love :party:

Thanks.
I ordered a pair of SR replacement lenses (E Wire, Fire polarized) a couple of years ago.
Though the colour and fit were right on, pronounced image shift made them difficult to justify, and they sit, frameless, and abandoned in the cupboard.

Latest Posts

Back