• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Cali Guys Want A Killer Deal?

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
wait for a couple of days or maybe on ebay. each one will cost higher. that guy probably figured he can sell it for bigger profit that is why he cancelled your deal.

Some people reacted to this post.
I'm sure I have mentioned this in another thread but..... Unless the seller specifically said to you "I will hold them for you" its hard to get upset with him. Yes, I know... we all want that killer deal but the thing with CL is you have to be ready to pounce right then, before anyone else can talk to them. Cant get upset if you say I'll be there in a couple day to look at them. You know how many flakes never show up? A bunch. I NEVER hold anything on CL unless I have had a deal with them before. been burned too many times with no shows when i could have sold it to someone else. This is a bit risky but maybe ask if they will take a deposit to hold them or ship them.

In summary dont get all pissed and think you have been screwed because someone wont hold something for you in hopes you will drive a couple hours to buy it. If I had a dollar for every time someone said I'll take it... in a few days.... and never showed up I'd almost be retired.

I mean on the one hand I'm thinking "jerk seller"...but on the other hand....if you didn't know the value of something and then suddenly you get buried with calls then you know it must be desirable and worth more and don't know if I can blame a seller for backing out---I guess maybe its more about HOW they back out. I guess my point its WE know some of these pieces some sell for $150 or $200 are worth triple that in the open market...so we're kind of stealing from those who don't know that by not letting on to that.

ah what an *******. oh well, happns.

Back