• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman lenses

:)Hey now, I was just wondering about the R1. I looked for them when I bought for the Badman and, couldn't find them. I would gladly buy them if they were available, as I was happy with the first set I bought.

I don't blame you one bit. I would be the exact same way. Ophthalmic Product Testing Services | COLTS Laboratories will be testing all of our lenses soon and hopefully earn their Colts Performance Seal.
That's a good idea for sure, but if you are open to suggestions I've got one for you. We've got a member here that goes by @InfiniteHero who has done lens testing in the past in a controlled setting. I think it would be a good idea to reach out to him and provide him with a set of lenses from whatever product lines you have (if you have more than one) so that he can do some of the testing this forum is familiar with. I can assure you he is fair and unbiased, and positive results will go a LONG way with the membership here and net you some serious cash flow from members searching for long discontinued lenses at reasonable costs.

:)Hey now, I was just wondering about the R1. I looked for them when I bought for the Badman and, couldn't find them. I would gladly buy them if they were available, as I was happy with the first set I bought.
We should have the R1's available soon. I've been trying to get my hands on a pair to trace and cut and I think I found one.

That's a good idea for sure, but if you are open to suggestions I've got one for you. We've got a member here that goes by @Infinite Hero who has done lens testing in the past in a controlled setting. I think it would be a good idea to reach out to him and provide him with a set of lenses from whatever product lines you have (if you have more than one) so that he can do some of the testing this forum is familiar with. I can assure you he is fair and unbiased, and positive results will go a LONG way with the membership here and net you some serious cash flow from members searching for long discontinued lenses at reasonable costs.

You tagged the wrong @InfiniteHero... ;)

In addition to testing them I'd appreciate if you posted info on base tints of the lenses and a picture looking through them. If they prove to be good it will be nice to have a source of lenses for discoed Oakleys (Half Jacket 1.0 etc)

I appreciate the reply. I'll be brutally honest with you now to spare you the crap that I'm sure will follow.

Without verified independent testing for optical quality you will have a VERY hard time convincing most members here to buy your product. Of course the vultures will flock for free stuff if you did a trial giveaway, but in the end without the testing few here will commit.

Best of luck.

@ikon lenses were independant tests ever conducted? thank you.

@ikon lenses were independant tests ever conducted? thank you.
I don't think they have been on the forum in awhile. What I can tell you is Doug is EXTREMELY good at addressing issues or concerns. Try emailing them. I'm sure we'd all like to know the answer to your question. I doubt it since the colt approval seal isn't on their website but there could be any number of reasons for that. Personally I love their products and have their lenses in several frames. Of course that is all subjective without definitive testing. Linegear makes excellent lenses sourced from one of the finest optical manufacturers in Japan. Their quality and clarity has been shown to be darn near identical to Oakley's. Linegear and Ikon are the only aftermarket lenses I will use.

I don't think they have been on the forum in awhile. What I can tell you is Doug is EXTREMELY good at addressing issues or concerns. Try emailing them. I'm sure we'd all like to know the answer to your question. I doubt it since the colt approval seal isn't on their website but there could be any number of reasons for that. Personally I love their products and have their lenses in several frames. Of course that is all subjective without definitive testing. Linegear makes excellent lenses sourced from one of the finest optical manufacturers in Japan. Their quality and clarity has been shown to be darn near identical to Oakley's. Linegear and Ikon are the only aftermarket lenses I will use.
+1

Back