• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman lenses

I don't think they have been on the forum in awhile. What I can tell you is Doug is EXTREMELY good at addressing issues or concerns. Try emailing them. I'm sure we'd all like to know the answer to your question. I doubt it since the colt approval seal isn't on their website but there could be any number of reasons for that. Personally I love their products and have their lenses in several frames. Of course that is all subjective without definitive testing. Linegear makes excellent lenses sourced from one of the finest optical manufacturers in Japan. Their quality and clarity has been shown to be darn near identical to Oakley's. Linegear and Ikon are the only aftermarket lenses I will use.
^this sentiment (Ikon or Linegear, or no dice) is pretty much what i had absorbed over the threads about aftermarket lenses. I still havent had anyone tell me if the bluish inside-lens tint of my ruby iridium lenses in my Badman is replicated in any aftermarket lenses. Considering I cant (reasonably, easily, economically, and especially directly from Oakley) buy Oem, my plan is to pick a few aftermarket choices for DD's and stash my oem lenses, especially the Ferrari ones as they will be hard to replace. If the quality of Ikon and Linegear is even close, i am okay with shelving them. i picked up a set of the Ferrari Badman on ebay (sealed, damaged packaging, but cheap at $150) and i and would really love to put a set of Linegear Red Mirror in that frame...or maybe the dark blue Ikons bc they look great in the pics ive seen. That is if all works out as i anticipate. Thank you guys for the input. Still wondering about the color tones if anyone knows (even if its subjective).

Last edited:
^this sentiment (ikon or Linegear or no dice) is pretty much what i had absorbed over the threads about aftermarket lenses. I still havent had anyone tell me if the bluish inside-lens tint of my ruby iridium lenses in my Badman is replicated in any aftermarket lenses. Considering I cant (reasonably, easily, and economically) buy Oem, my plan is to pick a few aftermarket choices for DD's and stash my oem lenses, especially the Ferrari ones. If the quality of Ikon amd Linegear is even close, i am okay with shelving them. i picked up a set of the Ferrari Badman on ebay (sealed, damaged packaging, but cheap) and i and would really love to put a set of Linegear Red Mirror in that frame...or maybe the dark blue Ikons bc they look great in the pics ive seen. That is if all works out as i anticipate. Thank you guys for the input. Still wondering about the color tones if anyone knows (even if its subjective).
The dark blue ikon lens have more of a grey base. I wore a set today.

Screenshot_20170315-214732.png

Edit: Doug from Ikon messaged me back on Ebay to answer the same question I had asked here..

Thank you @joecool862 this is exactly the kind of feedback i am looking for. Looking at pictures online, the Ikon's AR coating appears to look similar to my Ruby Iridium's inner tone. I imagine their lenses are all same base/same tone (most are grey afair).

Can anyone speak to the visual color tones while looking through the Linegear lenses? I really like the pictures of their lenses, but did not see many user submitted ones. All of the lens companies (even O face), take pictures in selectively advantageous conditions/situations so the IRL pictures submitted by users are the only way accurately guage color/view. Thank you all for your contributions to the greater good.

Last edited:
IMG_20170317_233154829.jpg
IMG_20170317_231133175.jpg
IMG_20170317_235642056.jpg
IMG_20170317_235756810.jpg
View attachment 321390

Edit: Doug from Ikon messaged me back on Ebay to answer the same question I had asked here..

UPDATE: I really REALLY like the Ikon lenses. I am using only them this weekend to test. here are a couple of shots comparing the original Ruby Iridium to the Ikon Red. Hope this helps someone.

Thank you @joecool862 this is exactly the kind of feedback i am looking for. Looking at pictures online, the Ikon's AR coating appears to look similar to my Ruby Iridium's inner tone. I imagine their lenses are all same base/same tone (most are grey afair).

Can anyone speak to the visual color tones while looking through the Linegear lenses? I really like the pictures of their lenses, but did not see many user submitted ones. All of the lens companies (even O face), take pictures in selectively advantageous conditions/situations so the IRL pictures submitted by users are the only way accurately guage color/view. Thank you all for your contributions to the greater good.

IMG_20170317_234756894.jpg

IMG_20170317_235909304.jpg

Last edited:
Back