• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best colour lens for a R1 Plasma

Which lens should I get for a Plasma R1?

• Fire iridium (restore the stock look)

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Prizm Field

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Shallow Water Polarized

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Ruby Iridium

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Prizm Ruby

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Prizm Tungsten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prizm Trail

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Prizm Black Polarized

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Prizm Tungsten Polarized

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Hi all,

So this may all have been a false alarm.

Been chatting to a buddy and he's made a good point. The frame looks quite dull for a plasma so might in fact be a titanium frame.
It came with Fire X- Metal etched lenses which is why I thought they were Plasma.

It's pretty old so may just be the age and years of abuse??? (they were super gross on arrival) 🤷‍♂️

@pjd1234 as the resident R1 expert, have you seen Plasma lose its shine over time?
It also appears to be going a little 'bronze' on the one stem.
IMG_20211011_104920.jpg

Took another picture with some Black lenses from @Linegear Japan (the 24K are really badly cut Revants and the gaps were bugging me big-time)
IMG_20211011_141354.jpg

Hi all,

So this may all have been a false alarm.

Been chatting to a buddy and he's made a good point. The frame looks quite dull for a plasma so might in fact be a titanium frame.
It came with Fire X- Metal etched lenses which is why I thought they were Plasma.

It's pretty old so may just be the age and years of abuse??? (they were super gross on arrival) 🤷‍♂️

@pjd1234 as the resident R1 expert, have you seen Plasma lose its shine over time?
It also appears to be going a little 'bronze' on the one stem.
View attachment 907761

Took another picture with some Black lenses from @Linegear Japan (the 24K are really badly cut Revants and the gaps were bugging me big-time)
View attachment 907762
Yes siir, plasma at times turns orangey.
i think overtime when exposed to sunlight.
but it could be titanium (gray flat color)

They are plasmas alright, just as i thought an overused one.
Haha. Yeah, they were F'd on arrival 🤣
Took almost an hour to take apart and clean. Twenty years of muck and dirt in there.

I kinda like the look of the finish though as I'm generally not a huge fan of 'super shiny' frames.

Appreciate the input mate 👍👍

Is that the eBay pair discussed several days ago? Romeos in uk, rough but low serial.

My initial thought were that they look much more 'Plasma' on the back of the nose bridge than the front....
Oh wow.

Yup those are the ones!

Picked them up for $625 shipped (£460). So not cheap, but I've seen worse condition frames go for more (although not much more🤣)
I sold a spare pair of XM R1 frames a week ago to cover these.

Oh wow.

Yup those are the ones!

Picked them up for $625 shipped (£460). So not cheap, but I've seen worse condition frames go for more (although not much more)
I sold a spare pair of XM R1 frames a week ago to cover these.
I think they would have fetched more if they were more 'obviously' a Plasma finish - good catch...