• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Ya they are very misunderstood just like pits or German Shepherds etc. they are great dogs and are wicked loyal. they don’t like when strangers come to the house but out in public they are great. They definitely are territorial but a dog should protect his home and family!

Never live, only recordings. **** seems trippy af though.

You are missing out if you haven’t seen it live. I’ve seen it a few times, and it’s great. Was in the show once. I won’t spoil it, but if you’re going, show up early and wear a blue shirt... although it’s been a few years and they may not do it anymore.

I bought my first pair of Blades around 1990, plus several sets of spare arms. It seemed to be pure luck whether the tabs broke or not, some breaking on first installation - a hinge design flaw that meant they were pretty much disposable parts.

The problem with glueing is that the tabs have to bend slightly when you install/remove them, so any glue joint is going to fail.
I recently cracked my last remaining set (when they got entangled in my helmet strap taking it off) so I'm also looking for a solution (short of paying an extortionate amount on an auction site for 30-year old replacements).

I thought about making a new tabbed end for the arm and pinning it into the plastic of the main arm, but the material used would have to bend slightly to allow installation. It would also not be very aesthetically pleasing.

Maybe duck-tape or buying a new set really are the only options. I just view my last pair of Blades as a collectable that I'll enjoy occasionally wearing until they inevitably fail. How long could I fairly expect them to last? This is different of course if you recently bought the reissues.

It would be fantastic if the arms sets were re-manufactured (but I don't think it would happen).

Sorry for bumping an old thread, I couldn't see an edit button to add to my previous post.
I managed to break both hinges on my Blades, and after trying superglue to reattach the broken parts then electrical tape to hold the arms on I found a better solution. I use a strap/lanyard with tight rubber connectors (PeeperKeeper brand). Slid over the broken hinges the arms now stay put:

blades.jpg

I’m a cheap college student plus I rather like this pair, so I’d like to fix them if possible.
U can try to put them together with superglue, some clear ones, being really careful not to create a lump with the excess of glue. Its not ideal, but as a broke brazilian, i get the struggle, hahah. Hope it worked out.

I don’t think even superglue would work at that point. The plastic is already brutal due to age so I don’t think super glue wood bowl or it would just crack again

Here you go! I had the same problem, so I just made my own... not perfect, but it's better than most people's asking prices (plus they ain't making any new ones, so this will work forever)

bumping an old thread, but since this is one of the top Goog hits when you search for fixing these...

I made the above 3d printed stems and they came out good! Another thing people could try is Gorilla glue - since it expands just a dot to connect the pieces together and it should last a long time.

If completely missing try some more and try to shape the expanded glue once it dries. I've done both of non-Oakleys and it worked for a long time.

Last option may be using a 3D pen to draw/fuse the parts together. I haven't tried that yet - need more practice first.

bumping an old thread, but since this is one of the top Goog hits when you search for fixing these...

I made the above 3d printed stems and they came out good! Another thing people could try is Gorilla glue - since it expands just a dot to connect the pieces together and it should last a long time.

If completely missing try some more and try to shape the expanded glue once it dries. I've done both of non-Oakleys and it worked for a long time.

Last option may be using a 3D pen to draw/fuse the parts together. I haven't tried that yet - need more practice first.
I took a wood burner and welded from the inside once. Depending on the plastic (some is just too brittle to even melt right anymore)

Latest Posts

Back