• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Sorry for bumping an old thread, I couldn't see an edit button to add to my previous post.
I managed to break both hinges on my Blades, and after trying superglue to reattach the broken parts then electrical tape to hold the arms on I found a better solution. I use a strap/lanyard with tight rubber connectors (PeeperKeeper brand). Slid over the broken hinges the arms now stay put:

View attachment 745995
Thanks Alex for your post!! This is a great solution.....especially knowing that buying expensive used (and often broken arms) ones will just keep breaking.
Here some pics (having trouble getting them into this post) of my Oakley Blades some closeup pics of how snugly they fit as well as the specific Peeper Keeper lanyard and the Amazon product barcode.

They seem to stay on really well but, if you fold the arms to put back in the bag or a glasses case it can make the tight connection keeping the broken arms on loosen (meaning you'll need to get the rubber stretched back into place).

Note: The Peeper Keepers that I bought through Amazon don't have a product barcode on their packaging but the "model" appears to be "Supercord Adjustable" and "Our unique ends go on easy & stay put".
The barcode on the bag that Amazon put them in has the product code sticker that reads X000XFM74F

Keep rockin your Blades!!!!!!!!
Mark

I'll work on getting the pics attached somehow! ;)

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

IMG_6290.jpg

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6300.jpg

Last edited:
Back