• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon prime/ ruby prizm reddish halo.

Yep I get them with my pair too. It's only an issue for me when it's an LED headlight or taillight. Something about the new car LED does funky ghosting with the lenses. I have noticed it on Prizm Black too actually, just no where near as pronounced as Ruby.

Edit: for the record the ghosting on the Prizm Black were on Holbrook Metals and Carbon Primes.

Yep I get them with my pair too. It's only an issue for me when it's an LED headlight or taillight. Something about the new car LED does funky ghosting with the lenses. I have noticed it on Prizm Black too actually, just no where near as pronounced as Ruby.

Edit: for the record the ghosting on the Prizm Black were on Holbrook Metals and Carbon Primes.

If it was only on LED lights i I wouldn’t mind so much but in my case it’s any light bullb and reflective glass fixtures that the bulb is in that has a reddish double image. Also it feels like far off building with sun reflection seems off too like the lens is creating a subtle double image making my eyes struggle a little to focus. ( the exact opposite is true of most Oakley lenses in the. Past, everything looked clear and easy to focus ).

So it's mostly with the carbon prime, something to do with the curvature of the lenses perhaps?

(Or is it just called curve of the lenses)

I think it may just be something with the Prizm lenses themselves. It's more noticeable on the Ruby but I noticed very slight ghosting on the Prizm Black on both a Holbrook Metal and the Carbon Prime.
I will say for me it is only when I am driving so its windshield + led lighting from other cars. When I am walking about I don't see any ghosting or artifacts. Could be some weird thing going on with car windshields + lighting.

I've never had any problems with any of my ruby prizm. Love the lense

Neither have I. It is actually one of my favorite new lenses.

Same here.

After reading the OP yesterday, I drove around for few hours with my ruby primes and never noticed anything. Looked at a lot of LED brake lights, traffic lights, store signs and didn’t see ghosting at all.

The only thing I may not like about it is that it makes blue sky dull. But I really like the lens that a minor issue can be overlooked.