• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon prime/ ruby prizm reddish halo.

I just received a pair and have the same issue. I only notice it when looking at red LED lights and only from certain angles but I have also noticed serious distortions when looking down at an angle at flowing water as well. These are my first Prizm lenses and not really happy with them.

Try looking at the sun. I get a tri image top real, lower left and lower right ghosts reddish.

Try looking at the sun. I get a tri image top real, lower left and lower right ghosts reddish.

I haven't managed to get that yet, but I have noticed that I do occasionally get the red ghosting when looking at certain white non-led car lights too. I also see distortion on certain metallic surfaces that are just at the bottom of my peripheral vision, like the distortion I see when looking down at flowing water. It's as if there is some sort of flaw in the curvature of the lens.

I believe this is limited to just the ruby prisms thank goodness. I have not heard of any other of the newer prizms doing this.