• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon prime/ ruby prizm reddish halo.

Same here.

After reading the OP yesterday, I drove around for few hours with my ruby primes and never noticed anything. Looked at a lot of LED brake lights, traffic lights, store signs and didn’t see ghosting at all.

The only thing I may not like about it is that it makes blue sky dull. But I really like the lens that a minor issue can be overlooked.

Good to know it’s not all lenses that are affected so it sounds like a specific defect in some batches of lenses.

I had this discussion a couple weeks ago with @Chris A Hardaway . The ghosting effect occurs not only in my ruby prizm polarized lenses he cut for my Juliets from double edges (which I blame on the way Lux has been making toric lenses), but also on my VR28 BIP in my fuel cells. These are the only two toric lenses I own thus why I ( I am probably wrong about it but it is a hunch I have) I am blaming it on the toric lenses. Non of my other lenses have this issue.

I had this discussion a couple weeks ago with @Chris A Hardaway . The ghosting effect occurs not only in my ruby prizm polarized lenses he cut for my Juliets from double edges (which I blame on the way Lux has been making toric lenses), but also on my VR28 BIP in my fuel cells. These are the only two toric lenses I own thus why I ( I am probably wrong about it but it is a hunch I have) I am blaming it on the toric lenses. Non of my other lenses have this issue.

Toric or non there’s no excuse. Lens quality and clarity is the key reason why people are loyal to the brand so this problem is a big step in the wrong direction for this company. Why are we paying this kinda of money for defective flawed and expensive lenses anymore?

Toric or non there’s no excuse. Lens quality and clarity is the key reason why people are loyal to the brand so this problem is a big step in the wrong direction for this company. Why are we paying this kinda of money for defective flawed and expensive lenses anymore?
Totally agree with you. I cannot honestly recommend any of the new lenses because of this. I am not saying they are all bad, just that it seems to be a crap shoot as to which are not of the highest quality. Oh, and add to the list of lenses doing the ghosting the tungsten prizm polarized. One of my coworkers was asking me about this this morning ironically after I posted above. She just got the TPP lenses in a pair of split time.

Yeah, there def. seems to be a problem with the Prizm lenses.

Anecdotally, I noticed this issue on a pair of Holbrook Prizm Sapphires as well that I tried out at a Vault. These were newer cut lenses that had PRIZM P etched on them. My Holbrook Sapphire Fades with the same lenses but were cut probably 1+ year before this store model showed no ghosting in the same environment.

I love their lenses

I love their lenses too, that’s why I’m so disappointed to find this defect. Plus we are talking about a set of sunglasses with a retail price of over 400$? I expect utter perfection even if in didn’t pay that ( 250$ is a hell of an investment for a pair of shades)

I love their lenses too, that’s why I’m so disappointed to find this defect. Plus we are talking about a set of sunglasses with a retail price of over 400$? I expect utter perfection even if in didn’t pay that ( 250$ is a hell of an investment for a pair of shades)

So. Contact customer service and tell them you just purchased a pair of defective lenses from one of their online retailers and that you want a new pair

So. Contact customer service and tell them you just purchased a pair of defective lenses from one of their online retailers and that you want a new pair

Good idea, the point of this thread is not about that. I’m wondering how many people have the same issue and how widespread it is.

Good idea, the point of this thread is not about that. I’m wondering how many people have the same issue and how widespread it is.
This is the reason I have been grabbing the older lenses and having them cut for my Juliets.