• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case Scratch Lens?

BDHO

Oakley Enthusiast
Has this happened to any of you guys?
I bought a new pair of Jawbones and it was clear the "backup" lens (lighter color) had a scratch caused by the soft vault case as i removed the lens?

Should i be concerned in general to store the glasses in the case?
Obviously I care alot more about the main polarized lens than the permission secondary lens

I have noticed that there are really fine scratches on a lens that I have from when I have put it in the case. I wasn't sure if that was why but it could be. They don't affect vision at all though thankfully.

I don't use the flak case ever- have 2 left if anyone interested- I have seem them scratch other peoples' I use large soft vault micro bag extra padding around bag... Not sure if jawbone has similiar case but I have heard of this happening with Flaks

Yep its happened to me before too but only with spare lenses. The pair in the frames have always been fine. My solution was to buy more frames so I now have no spare lenses!

im glad that i'm not crazy.
I believe jawbone has similar soft vault case to the flak jacket.
Has anyone complained to Oakley? will they do something?
I dont understand why the felt case should/could scratch the lens.

defiantly not uncommon for the case to scratch the lens. Happened to a pair of radars

This is exactly why almost all the FMJ Fast Jacket chrome came with a scratched nosebridge. This is entirely due to poor packaging in that ballistic case.

I find this stuff very fustrating - especially as my permission lens had a scratch before they were ever put in the sunglasses.
Has anyone complained to Oakley? Will they replace or do anything? It seems this is not a unique situation.

Back