• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Collecting style/method?

Starting out, I jumped at some nostalgic pieces that I remembered from yesteryear which I couldn't afford at the time, then as the collection expanded, I added a few pieces that I perceived a collection should have, finally I latched (no pun intended) onto a frame I became attracted to and continued my collection from there.

Everyone has a different take on things, and I think that is what sets everyones collection apart from one another. Being unique, but at the same time paying homage to brand that has brought us all together.

That's another intriguing aspect...boxes. Some are adamant about matching boxes, some prefer a box in general, then some don't care about a box at all.

You've went from no box to gotta have a box. That's interesting.
Not sure why, i have bought odd boxes to make a set but i think if a matched serial set came up were possible id sell off the earlier set.
think as time goes by you see what others do and learn more about the scene/brand

Not sure why, i have bought odd boxes to make a set but i think if a matched serial set came up were possible id sell off the earlier set.
think as time goes by you see what others do and learn more about the scene/brand
I don't think I'll ever be of the "gotta have a box" mindset. I don't collect as an investment. I collect to enjoy and I'm not a cat, lol

I don't think I'll ever be of the "gotta have a box" mindset. I don't collect as an investment. I collect to enjoy and I'm not a cat, lol

For me, it depends what the box looks like or if there is a serialized matching number. Most of today’s Oakley boxes I really don’t care about, but some of the older collector sets like the Flying tigers set have really cool boxes.

For me, it depends what the box looks like or if there is a serialized matching number. Most of today’s Oakley boxes I really don’t care about, but some of the older collector sets like the Flying tigers set have really cool boxes.
I can understand that perspective for display purposes. Plus, some people may just like boxes 🤷‍♂️

Latest Posts

Back