• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cracked Carbon X-Metal Repair

@THE X-MAN good guess!

Which company or who sells an orbital for R1?
They're not sold by any company. You would need to find the part here in our exchange section, or from Ebay in hopes that someone has that as a spare on a frame that they have with damage. It could be a long wait or you may get lucky. Otherwise you may chose to part out your frame...

Help! Can anyone tell me if this is repairble?

View attachment 631508
👀

2sUMOz0G8qYAAAAM.gif

The whole issue of casting metal.... An inherent weakness from the process will eventually materialise.

Makes you wonder how actually heavy that tank used in that PR stunt driving over a XM frame. 🤔

The whole issue of casting metal.... An inherent weakness from the process will eventually materialise.

Makes you wonder how actually heavy that tank used in that PR stunt driving over a XM frame. 🤔
I thought it was a Romeo, so different construction to X Squared: consists of ovals, thus a stronger pair.

Is there video of this stunt?

Last edited:
I thought it was a Romeo, so different construction to X Squared: consists of ovals, thus a stronger pair.
Yes a circular frame would have been inherently stronger. Without looking at the orbital port on a XS frame in my minds eye it is thinner in that area than an R1 is (or XX, Juliet, Mars, Penny etc for that matter)
A delicate balance to achieve Weight against Strength, Especially when Casting. As to the claim of the Tank driving over a XM Frame it iirc exists in popular Myth only. After all, If it was successful you would want to record it for posterity right?

Back