• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

Question on cutting a snow goggle outter lens to use for an m-frame, bare with me here, I might be over thinking this but... My intentions were to find the center of the goggle lens/m-frame lenses to line up, tape the m-frame lens to the backside of the goggle lens to trace the outline in marker, remove the m-frame lens and begin cutting with a diamond rotary bit and hopefully not going inside the line. Sand/polish edge if needed... Ive heard mention of using a tape method to reduce errors, but is that just for the tracing bit or do people actually cut with the template lens still mounted in place o_O

I remove the lens. Test it for fit when you are getting close..

I remove the lens. Test it for fit when you are getting close..
First one was a total failure, ha... Second one I cut a little close up the right edge, possibly salvageable - will allow me to practice edge sanding atleast... Bought a clear heater, vinyl wrapped it, so I can mark up the different lens cuts, also good to quickly double check progress without using a good lens. Fingers crossed this M2 HI Yell comes out better, ha

7FBFEE30-CB04-43C9-8455-6066EA97685A.jpeg

Thanks Jon!

I did check that list and wiretaps were not listed under yes or no, figured they had not been tried, base curve 8 checks out snd size is big enough just wanted to seek out opinion, i have a RX pair and just picked up some beater juliets Im going to have restored.

Thanks Jon!

I did check that list and wiretaps were not listed under yes or no, figured they had not been tried, base curve 8 checks out snd size is big enough just wanted to seek out opinion, i have a RX pair and just picked up some beater juliets Im going to have restored.

@Chris A Hardaway is the resident lense cutter extraordinaire, he can source and cut you pretty much anything you want, he is top notch on advice giving too!

Latest Posts

Back