• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Difference between these Oakley M Frame 2.0 lenses

TacticalSportsGear

Oakley Beginner
I have been researching what the difference is between these two lenses, but no luck so far....

They are both Oakley M Frame 2.0 lenses and the only difference appears to be that one goes back a little farther at the ends. Same fit. Same basic markings. The one that juts back a little farther may also be slightly taller - very slight.

IMG_3039.JPG
IMG_3038.JPG
50871602053__A0B404A5-896A-46A1-9F01-88ED354CFE5F.JPG
50871605662__14D901EE-75F7-43FC-9EBC-DBAA462E8B10.JPG

They look the same. Are you sure the lens is seated properly? I had that issue only to find out the lens wasn't in properly.
It is definitely seated correctly. If you look at the third picture, you can see that the bottom one juts out further. On the top on the place where it fits into the frame is even with the rest of the lens.

That is what I would think too but I have seen several lenses being sold as 2.0 that have the wider look like the 3.0. I don't know if it's an SI vs Industrial M Frame. Or maybe the year it was made...?

That's the Agro lens cut. Essentially the same as the Strike, but it has a little more peripheral coverage and a slightly changed cheek angle. I like them more for safety glasses as they cut down on some gaps.

Perfect. Thanks for the info.

So "Argo" is a specific cut? Somehow I had gotten the impression that it was a coating for the 3.0 lens. Good to know.

So the various cuts available for the 2.0 are:
1. Strike
2. Argo
3. Hybrid
4. Others????

@Rustpot what colors are Agro available in and can the lens be used with a normal new M Frame?
I believe the Agro lens style is basically any replacement lens for the M Frame 3.0. A search on o-review shows TR22, TR45, VR28, Persimmon, Grey and Clear.
I would think that they can be used in the normal M Frame, except they have a hole in the middle of the lens for the clip.

Back