• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Helping Hand

So, I went to the London Covent Garden flagship Oakley store today as I was in town and wanted to see if they had any more info on the 'Jolly Roger' and when it might come out. It's hit and miss as to how knowledgeable the staff are and I got a girl who seemed pretty clueless as to anything, let alone the release date of these. She'd never heard of them or know anything about them. She said only the manager would know if they'd be getting them and the manager wasn't around. She also had no clue about the Acid Tortoise either. So news on release dates for either of those.

Separately, they have a really weird Frogskins display. They are displaying the Acid Series and Matte Black w/ Violet and Polished White w/ Ruby. When I asked if she had any others in stock she opened the draw below the display to reveal all the Blacklights (which technically replaced the Acid Series and are new, so shouldn't they be on display?), the remaining re-releases, the standard black and rootbeer, and they still have stock of the Dalmations which is what, 2 years out of production now? Also, their display lighting is odd because when I saw the Polished Whites & Matte Black they looked like they had grey lenses in. It was only when I took them off the display shelf in to normal lighting to hold them in my hand to see if they really were grey that it became obvious they were Ruby. If you looked at the display shelf stuff you'd think everything they had came with grey lenses only.

Separately from that, saw the Jupiter Sqaured in the flesh for the first time. The frame is smaller than I thought, and the Matte Clears looked nice with the orange accents. The Denim Blue with white looks a little douchey in the flesh for me, too much white. They didn't have the Woodgrains (has anyone got stock of the Woodgrains?) I also noticed they had a microbag for sale that I hadn't seen before, it's got a hexagonal design with different shades of blue all over it. It's not listed on either the UK or US website when I came home to check so I don't know if it's old and they just still have stock of it, or if it's so new it's not online yet.

I just talked to the manager of my local authorized delear and while they have the acid tortoise Duce coupe old glory and the union jack pairs on order they have heard nothing or have gotten a release date/shipped notification. I will let you because he was going to give me some model numbers later on for the old glory union jack and Duce coupe fuel cells.

Please do update us with SKUs!! I've been looking everywhere for them, but can't seem to get them!

Latest Posts

Back