• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here I go again on my own

My 2009 hoo koo e koo is a just around 30 pounds. Modern fs mountain bikes come in at 35 pounds, and can be reduced. But I just go ahead and suffer with the uphill. On my hardtail I can get up around 32 mph. I can easily beat that with a rear shock.

AND a Gary Fisher fan! You, sir, can stay!

Uphill is more fun than downhill, in my mind. I love the suffering.

And you are cranking at that speed on a hardtail! Nice!

AND a Gary Fisher fan! You, sir, can stay!

Uphill is more fun than downhill, in my mind. I love the suffering.

And you are cranking at that speed on a hardtail! Nice!

Lol, I want to say that is the last year of the true gf before they sold to trek. Or it could be the first year of trek.

And no, no pedalling at that speed. Mostly it is just running into trees or the ground.

Lol, I want to say that is the last year of the true gf before they sold to trek. Or it could be the first year of trek.

And no, no pedalling at that speed. Mostly it is just running into trees or the ground.

HA! I'm in that club too.

And pedaling or not...32 MPH is killing it on my TT bike...you're legitimately insane doing it on a hardtail!!

HA! I'm in that club too.

And pedaling or not...32 MPH is killing it on my TT bike...you're legitimately insane doing it on a hardtail!!

I can only do it on one or two trails around here. And even then it is very sketchy. I know a guy from the jeeping work who goes faster than that on a rigid frame. The guy is a machine. He smoked cigars like a chimney and drinks like a fish, but he is in the top 10-15% in his age bracket on strava.

I can only do it on one or two trails around here. And even then it is very sketchy. I know a guy from the jeeping work who goes faster than that on a rigid frame. The guy is a machine. He smoked cigars like a chimney and drinks like a fish, but he is in the top 10-15% in his age bracket on strava.

DAMN!
:shock:

I would pick up a beater pair, or a pair with original lens and then send them off to @zwc0442 to get them customized. He does amazing work with x-Metals. Here's his thread so you get an idea:

Some of my work I've done.

I'm doing that right now with my juliets. :D

Now that is a great link. I am currently searching about different models. I will probably stay asking questions in a few days.

Now that is a great link. I am currently searching about different models. I will probably stay asking questions in a few days.

@THE X-MAN is also a dude that does some amazing work. He's in Illinois. ZWC is in Southern California, so depending who's work you like better and how close you are to either person. You'll most likely be needing a nose bridge tune and perhaps a refinish if you're buying a beater pair.

Back