• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How many are leaving and staying on Oakley Forum?

As I collect xmetals, what comes out of Oakley now matters little to me.. I just hope they keep making sweet lenses for me to get custom cut for my Xmetals. I have owned many pairs of other brand of sunglasses none come close to Xmetals in the way they are made. There is nothing like them period!

Wow dingo, that sounded mostly lucid... :hi:

Nice correlation there, and some great conversation going on in this thread. Overall, the site continues to grow, people continue to discover it and obviously people continue to become interested in Oakley's. However to your point, the growth is less rapid than say 3-4 years ago, when X-Metals, Frogskins etc. were blowing up. I think this has a lot to do with Oakley as a brand, and how they have positioned themselves in the market. Don't want to rag too much here, but 3-4 years ago they were cultivating a great culture, with amazing limited editions (real ones, not 10,000 with just LE stamped on them), generating hype and buzz, and interacting with the community as a whole. I truly believe that this culture could have been grown to rival those of sneaker heads. 15 years ago, if you told someone you collected sneakers, they'd think you are crazy, now everyone gets it.

Believe as a brand they have become more focused on mass marketing, though I do believe they are working on turning it around and really trying to listen to the community as evidenced by some of the re-releases, throwbacks etc.

Spot on, for the second paragraph, but generally we look for the premium memberships/ads to support the site. Not trying to get rich by any means, and servers/bandwidth (especially adding in a global footprint) aren't the cheapest! Really just love running the site and being able to give back to this awesome community!

This is a GREAT point, and took me about 3 years of running the site to realize. Typically the cycle we see is....obviously high traffic in the summer, you want new sunglasses, you start looking up Oakleys etc. etc. Then as September rolls around, we typically see it begin to trend downwards, people shift away from summer activities and brace for fall. Usually around Early-Mid December, traffic starts spiking again with the holidays and as half the world is in Summer, will usually dip ever-so-slightly in march/april before picking back up for the summer.

Generally if you look at the google trends report for Oakley, we tend to follow-suit.

I'm just a new one in here so I don't know much about this thread but according from answer up here I just realized the reason why Oakley develop a Winter sport equipment ,some item It's needed in season

I'm just a new one in here so I don't know much about this thread but according from answer up here I just realized the reason why Oakley develop a Winter sport equipment ,some item It's needed in season

Kinda looks like Dingo typed this?o_O

Hadn't seen @dingo ate my baby around here in a while. Where you been hiding?

- However, those limited edition pairs crate the buzz and community that then fuels the buying and demand for the generic pairs.

This is exactly it. I love the truly limited glasses, but I doubt we will see anything worthwhile going forward.

Latest Posts

Back