• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How many are leaving and staying on Oakley Forum?

Think the post below from cacatman sums it up well. Always tough to go from a sole proprietorship where you can get ideas straight from the horses mouth to a corporate heirachy that must be navigated, office politics etc. I'd also gander that the financial models at lux struggle to understand the long term value of "community" - i.e Mass produced generic pairs generate far more revenue and profit than small run limited editions (as most of the profit is in the secondary market) - However, those limited edition pairs crate the buzz and community that then fuels the buying and demand for the generic pairs.
Yes, it certainly appears that Oakley under Luxottica doesn't buy into the concept of halo models any more, something that might make a loss itself but generates interest in the brand as a whole. Cf the Bugatti Veyron for VAG. The C6 was along those lines but now it seems we mainly get variations on a lifestyle them instead and those inspire me not at all...

Funny, in my experience with "from-Asia" Asians, their first comment tends to be related to weight. Such as, "good to meet you! You look fat!" Or, "good to see you again! You don't look as fat as last time!"

Maybe it's just a Hong Kong thing...

Same is true in the Philippines! Or if you're tall, "why don't you play basketball?"

Latest Posts

Back