• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much Would An OTT Cost Today?

1997: Romeo, Fives, Topcoat
1998: Mars, Minute, Tens, Racing Jacket
1999: Juliet, Straight Jacket, Eye Jacket, Xmetal XX
2000: XX, Eye Jacket 2, Four, Over The Top
2001: Penny, Scar, Fives 2, Mag Switch
2002: Half Jacket, Medusa, Mag Four, Mag M-Frame, Splice
2003: Monster Dog, Valve, Plate
2004: Monster Doggle, Romeo 2
2005: Gascan
2006: M-Frame 2
2007: Flak Jacket, Radar, Hijinx

Before '97 it was all Frogs, M-Frames, with a few wires and the Straight Jacket original tossed in there. I'm of course skipping a ton of stuff, but those are the notables from me. 2008 adds the Inmate, Oil Rig, Half X, Jupiter, Antix, Oil Drum, Sideways, essentially the death of the lean and mean, beat the **** out of you for looking at me frames.

Before '97 it was all Frogs, M-Frames, with a few wires and the Straight Jacket original tossed in there. I'm of course skipping a ton of stuff, but those are the notables from me. 2008 adds the Inmate, Oil Rig, Half X, Jupiter, Antix, Oil Drum, Sideways, essentially the death of the lean and mean, beat the **** out of you for looking at me frames.
those discontinued stuff still is way sexier than the new ones

That's a pretty accurate list you made, Rust.
Except for the even earlier Mumbo M-Frames, Frogskins, Blades and Eyeshades, I go for at least half of what you've listed.
I'd narrow the years further down to 1997-2003 or 2004.

Yikes I've stumbled upon a secret old-timers "ok do I suit my pipe and slippers?" thread.

Where did you guys buy your Rose-Tinted lenses from?
Lool.
RT28 Black Iridium anyone?

:smile:

I'm joking.
Of course I agree that the old Oakley vision has gone somewhat wayward. And have lamented as much elsewhere on the boards.

Buuuut, you can still kinda see the occasional aggressive line here and there in some newer designs. But you have to look for them.
Stuff like, I dunno, Scalpel, Pit Boss and Jawbone etc have a bit of furrowed brow attitude. But yeah, watered down hugely compared to back in the day.

I like to mix it up tho. Aggressive stuff like MD and Romeo when the mood takes me. And Hijinx the rest of the time.
I must just be an easy going dude these days in my old age.

Now where's my newspaper and Werthers Originals?

:laugh:
Sorry for going off topic but I love werthers!!
I know! I'm not old enough!! Haha :biggrin:

Good listing, Rust!!!

Stuff like, I dunno, Scalpel, Pit Boss and Jawbone etc have a bit of furrowed brow attitude.
I'll agree with you 2 out of 3, the Pit Boss and the Jawbone, esp. the latter, quite innovative.
Main ding on the Pit Boss is pricing most of the time, otherwise one my regular-wear favorite pairs.
Radars are good too, a great hybrid of "ancient" Blades and M-Frames.

Herbs, I'm only 25! I was 10-11 when my little timeline starts, and it continues into my teens when I really wanted to score some Oakleys and older cousins and friends had some sweet pairs back then.

Nothing will probably live up to that though.

Latest Posts

Back