• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm Done with the Madman (The Honeymoon is OVER!)

I still love my Madman and intend to keep them, and probably get more in the future. I am sorry to the OP that this has become such a stressor to him as I think we all collect O for the love and joy it brings us. But I bet when you transition the money you get for the return to a real X-metal it will be quite cathartic!!!

and if you do decide to sell those custom cut violet lenses, you know where to pm me!!!! cheers

very entertaining to say atleast :D we all have different opinion love it or not it's you. love my mads got the Ferrari edition the bads don't fit me well so I skipped that. cheap metals or not they are Oakley lets just accept it that titaniums will never come back all Oakley future releases will be at the same variations plastic/alum. The mentality is acceptance don't compare em to the classics as they are untouchables I think if you do that you will be a happy camper :)

[/QUOTE]The C5 Madman that Takumi brought to NY would probably have made the X-Metal heads happy in its nostalgia but it didn't fix what Oakley set out to improve.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I fear the thing Oakley set out to improve was the profit margin, not fit, form, or functionality. These mad /bad boys just miss the mark.

The C5 Madman that Takumi brought to NY would probably have made the X-Metal heads happy in its nostalgia but it didn't fix what Oakley set out to improve.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I fear the thing Oakley set out to improve was the profit margin, not fit, form, or functionality. These mad /bad boys just miss the mark.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that's true. People act like the original metals were gods gift to men. They have numerous issues.

People will always love stuff from their past. A prime example are 60's sports cars.. Most of the time we buy somthing as we get older that we couldn't afford when younger or finances have improved . It was Juliets for me. X-metals are now kinda considered classics, there is nothing currently be made that touches them titanium wise.

I would not call someone strange for feeling the new"x metals" are nowhere near the old yet priced pretty high too but I have seen the new Flak and just do not think it has that look and feel 1.0 had. Even an o store manager confessed to me he wishes they would not be under lux as dozens of people come in looking for something at least similiar in quality to their old pair and leave disappointed ....certainly the OP has a right to his opinion based on experience

I love the way they look and i will never sell mine... i do agree that quality is not great and simply looking ta the ground will have them crashing to the floor :D

Retro rules... In the eighties and nineties Oakley were like the Rolls Royce or Rolex of sunglasses....Still plenty of those early models out there. In my collection, it is the BNIB 20 year old Zero or M Frame that holds the real prestige and it will always be that way :)

Latest Posts

Back