• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm Done with the Madman (The Honeymoon is OVER!)

By the way, my Madman is quite loose and makes for a little bit of an unpleasant experience if you know what I mean.

njP8QxN.gif

I for one see absolutely no problem with a thread like this. Let's face it, things you post on the interwebs have a
way of hanging around and coming up on google search results.

Imagine you got a new pair of shades and posted an immediate, glowing, "post-coital"-type review, only to find,
after extensive testing, that they have design flaws you just can't live with.

As far as the interwebs are concerned, you still love them, and will continue to do so, forever, unless you
publicly retract your review.

Your initial review may influence people on the fence about buying them, and you can only hope to undo some of
that damage by posting a new review. Hell, you may be simply embarrassed about having posted something
positive about a thing you came to hate. It's all about posterity, and posterity is important now that everything
you've ever said online can be dug up and criticized for decades to come.

If you feel personnally attacked by this sort of post and need to freak out about it, well, I guess now you know
how the beliebers and that "leave Britney alone" guy feel. Hehe.

I, too, returned the madmans (ruby iridium polarized, dark carbon frame) after about a week.... I cant justify the $432 I paid for it ($400 MSRP + tax). Also maybe I just have bad OCD, but one side's spring hinge was able to bend out more than the other side. I noticed the final assembly, one arm's spacing was closer to the orbital than the other side, so ti couldnt open as wide. Also one of the tiny T3? sized screws on the spring hinge looked a little stripped..it was hard to make out the *asterisk* looking head of the screw...maybe teh mold was just bad? But seirously for 400.....no thanks....

I really loved the dark red/purple lens I had tho..that was a good batch. Unofrtuantely I just retrurned the thing.

"When it came to these sunglasses 3D models were made, were refined and refined again – well before a single drop of metal was cast."
- I guess technically that is correct, not like the OTT BS, but its still a sad statement in context. :(

//

"And at the very end each model is hand polished to Oakley’s atmospherically high standards."
-Based on the pairs I had this does not say very much for Oakley's 'standards'.

//

"Each lens is cut from the same sheet, so the polarisation lines up perfectly across both eyes. "
- I would hope so!

//

"But still, Madman is not for everyone…"
- Word Up

//!

"both come with free returns."
"And you can return them up to a year later."
"risk free"
"because you can always return it for free later."

What exactly do you think they are trying to say?

Latest Posts

Back