• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jannard Collection...

Hello Mr. Jannard,
I'm Cody from Oslo/Norway. I'll feel honored to have at least a few words with you in particularly in near future. I'm a huge fan of Oakley/Sport industry and you put your vision and efforts to offer all of us, state of the art designs, products, visions, health...THANK You!
If i'll dare to have a private conversation with you on this forum, will you be able to get a few minutes, please?
In the end I would like to say that I have in my collection an item with a signature of yours and Mr. JORDAN himself. PSA couldn't release any of authenticity papers because couldn't find your signature in their data base, MJ signature it's authentic . Can you confirm it's your signature?
Thank you for your time of reading my message here.
Best regards, Cody /Oslo

DSC_1990.JPG

DSC_1991.JPG

Just to follow up on my signed spike bob. i was able to get in contact with Jim through his assistant and told him the back story on this spike bob that I got from a very respected forum member, and Jim did confirm that the signature on the spike bob is authentic and his. I appreciate Jim taking the time to follow up on this, and I am relieved that it is his autograph on it.:dance:

EDIT: I was unaware of the toll exacted on humans and JJ's friends as a result of Lux's recent actions before posting the below. I am saddened also and feel for these people. Perhaps JJ's non-compete is expired and he would want to make another run at it?

I apologize that you have been screwed by Lux. the company you built up and made famous basically taken from you (I watched the special on it). You were basically forced to sell it by the act of bullying. Lux is a monopoly that is so concerned about making a profit on cheaply made products and it's miserable. I thank you for your passion for the brand which is a brand that at a young age I grew to love.
This is almost laughable- and I say that while sharing your passion.

First off, I wish someone would buy my company for BILLIONS of dollars. Please screw me like that. Please. I would buy islands, form new and exciting businesses in cutting edge technology (RED), buy historic a motion picture studio where I Love Lucy was filmed (Desilu Studios formerly RKO) and set my family up for their lives. That's exactly what I Jim did- and much more I'm sure.

It was a business deal; a merger. Lux controlled much of Oakley's brick and mortar distribution and Lux leveraged that to buy Oakley. Oakley could have survived - I don't know Oakley's debt service expense at the time of merger but in a vacuum it could have survived- but it would have taken such a hit in annual sales that it probably would never, ever have returned to that sales level. That having been said Oakley was about at max value and Jim knew that. I doubt that his intent was to take ownership of Oakley to his grave so it anything the merger probably just accelerated his exit strategy. That is what you do you sell assets when they are at their peak. Remember Jim started Oakley out of the trunk of his car with $400 is the awesome story he tells and its a great story. So a $400 dollar initial investment plus a LOT of sweat equity returned BILLIONS. Again, please screw me like that.

Let me ask: when was the last time you bought something from Amazon? Yesterday? Today? Now? It's also funny is what Lux did is exactly what Jeff Bezos and Amazon is doing. Their goal is to drive everyone else out of ecommerce and own the Internet as a sales portal. Then dictate pricing and make a killing. If you watched another 60 Minutes segment on Amazon, Bezos admits to using predatory pricing. However they have done a great job currying favor with consumers and building a venerable brand that this goes largely unnoticed by the sheeple in the our Matrix. But he doesn't speak with an accent so that's different I guess?

Jim made his peace with the merger, and felt that he gave his "daughter" Oakley to a responsible suitor who increased Oakley's value. His analogy BTW.

Did it cost us, the rabid fans of his mad genius? Yup.
Does he miss the halcyon days of his Oakley? Fu*k yeah how could you not miss that magic?
Does he want our sympathy? I think that a man with as much intestinal fortitude and strength as Jim obviously posesses would be insulted by that.

Nothing is forever.

Last edited:
This is almost laughable- and I say that while sharing your passion.

First off, I wish someone would buy my company for 2.1 BILLION dollars. Please screw me like that. Please. I would buy islands, form new and exciting businesses in cutting edge technology (RED), buy historic a motion picture studio where I Love Lucy was filmed (Desilu Studios formerly RKO) and set my family up for their lives. That's exactly what I Jim did- and much more I'm sure.

It was a business deal; a merger. Lux controlled much of Oakley's brick and mortar distribution and Lux leveraged that to buy Oakley. Oakley could have survived - I don't know Oakley's debt service expense at the time of merger but in a vacuum it could have survived- but it would have taken such a hit in annual sales that it probably would never, ever have returned to that sales level. That having been said Oakley was about at max value and Jim knew that. I doubt that his intent was to take ownership of Oakley to his grave so it anything the merger probably just accelerated his exit strategy. That is what you do you sell assets when they are at their peak. Remember Jim started Oakley out of the trunk of his car with $400 is the awesome story he tells and its a great story. So a $400 dollar initial investment plus a LOT of sweat equity returned 2.1 BILLION. Again, please screw me like that.

Let me ask: when was the last time you bought something from Amazon? Yesterday? Today? Now? It's also funny is what Lux did is exactly what Jeff Bezos and Amazon is doing. Their goal is to drive everyone else out of ecommerce and own the Internet as a sales portal. Then dictate pricing and make a killing. If you watched another 60 Minutes segment on Amazon, Bezos admits to using predatory pricing. However they have done a great job currying favor with consumers and building a venerable brand that this goes largely unnoticed by the sheeple in the our Matrix. But he doesn't speak with an accent so that's different I guess?

Jim made his peace with the merger, and felt that he gave his "daughter" Oakley to a responsible suitor who increased Oakley's value. His analogy BTW.

Did it cost us, the rabid fans of his mad genius? Yup.
Does he miss the halcyon days of his Oakley? Fu*k yeah how could you not miss that magic?
Does he want our sympathy? I think that a man with as much intestinal fortitude and strength as Jim obviously posesses would be insulted by that.

Nothing is forever.
Cannot agree more man.Well said

Hey @CarGuy check this out. A facebook post by Jim 7 hours ago. He believes LUX has ruined what took him decades to build.

View attachment 267286
Thanks for sharing that, I don't follow JJ.
It appears that his perspective has changed about how he feels about the acquisition, thanks @Sun & Sand for the benchmarks.
He's right, they have ruined his and our vision of Oakley but the reality is that when you sell an asset the new owner can do what they want with it. You sell a car that you restored and the new owner turns it into a track rat but he's within his rights to use his property to fit their agenda. It kills you to see the body that you painstakingly massaged now tubbed and a roll cage installed but it is beyond your control.
It became a bottom line number thing the day they announced the closing of the Nevada plant.
Maybe to bring him out of his funk maybe he'll invite us back to his place for Coronas and Steet Tacos.
I bet it would help as his security related that JJ seemed more relaxed and open on that day than he had seen JJ.
JJ caught up publicly with the rest of us- but his net worth is still probably ten times the combined net worth of every o forum member- ever. ☺

I remember the first time I saw a X metal it was on eBay I stumbled across them looking for omatter. I didn't know anything about them. It was Juliet . I started looking at Juliets because there were different color's and arms I thought they were the Xmetal line, I thought damn that is a lot of money for sunglasses and why are some more costly then others. I thought to rich for my blood .. I then came to Ofourm and discovered there were more X metals besides Juliets. I bought my first pair off a member here it was Ducati Juliet first gen with crap Lenes in need of a tuneup.the rubbers were crap too.. that came with a X vault for 210. I had to mail a money order out for it. A member on here asked If I needed a box coin for it and also had red rubbers in a bit better shape for it . He sent the items to me for free and he even covered the shipping for them too.. I bought custom OO postive lense for my ducati's. I was hooked after a while. I started hunting for them. I now have over 30 pairs of Xmetals.

Back