• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jury Hinge Repair

kaptaink

Oakley Beginner
so in 2 seconds of carelessness I snapped the RH hing on my jury glasses. Reading and searching it seems there are no replacement parts or parts that can be modified to make work.

Soooooooo what glue / adhesive / epoxy have people had good luck with? Fortunately(I think) the break is approx 3/8" from the end so some of the stress can be transferred to the metal arm. Looking for any suggestions other than buying a donor set which seem to running low eighties now on ebay

thanks

I think you're **** ******* out of luck but that's just my thoughts.

There's a small chance a guy like @zwc0442 may be able to help you but any transactions here would require you to meet our exchange requirements first.

attached a picture
As much as I hate to admit it I think Oakleyfrank is right......I am screwed. Ridiculous that there are no replacement parts now or when they were still being made. Oh well off to find some epoxy and will keep checking for a donor set

20160716_174645[1].jpg

Oops posted my question at the same time you posted the pic. I haven't replied much o matter but I'm thinking if you drilled a couple small holes along the length of the arm you may be able to add a couple small pins and then epoxy back together. That's about the only thing I could think of at the moment.

Oops posted my question at the same time you posted the pic. I haven't replied much o matter but I'm thinking if you drilled a couple small holes along the length of the arm you may be able to add a couple small pins and then epoxy back together. That's about the only thing I could think of at the moment.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Right now trying to find a drill bit and material that are the same size. I think the epoxy will hold for a while but will need help over time. The nice thing the metal arm goes behind the plastic hinge where the break is so that will offer some support as well

ok off to lowes. will sacrifice some small diamater drill bits to make a pin the same size as the hole. What else was I going to do on a Saturday night lol

Now I just have to hold the fool thing steady

Latest Posts

Back