• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
My Flaks !!!

Flak 2.0.jpg

Flak2.0.jpg

Next month I'm getting Flak 2.0 RX lenses (photochromic) made, and have collected the following frames to use with them:

- Grey
- Matte black
- White
- Steel

Question is how do the carbon fiber look in person? I'm liking the pics, but it's CF print only obviously, so not sure how good it looks in hand. Thoughts from those who own them? Those might be my last addition to the Flak 2.0 collection if people are digging them, and if I can find a good price. Appreciate the feedback; thank you!

Any suggestions where, other than eBay to get the carbon fiber frames? Oakley will only sell as a set, and I can't find a steal on eBay as there are very few listings. Been able to buy a number of frames for $45-$55 each! Full sets with polarized lenses for $75-$85. Optometrists don't even have access to this frame to order under insurance as it's part of Oakley's custom collections....hmm....

To the gurus out there.... Any suggestions how I can purchase the carbon fiber frame only? Oakley HQ won't sell it to me without buying a full set. Same with customer service. They'll give me 30% off a full pair only. If I can find an employee, will they be able to purchase these as frame only? Though I imagine they can get the full set at a deep discount anyway(?).

Guy on ebay sold me a pair, but never noted in his listing that they're Asian fit.....SMH.

Appreciate any insights; thank you in advance!

To the gurus out there.... Any suggestions how I can purchase the carbon fiber frame only? Oakley HQ won't sell it to me without buying a full set. Same with customer service. They'll give me 30% off a full pair only. If I can find an employee, will they be able to purchase these as frame only? Though I imagine they can get the full set at a deep discount anyway(?).

Guy on ebay sold me a pair, but never noted in his listing that they're Asian fit.....SMH.

Appreciate any insights; thank you in advance!
Your best bet is probably eBay and find a full set, then sell the lenses.

Your best bet is probably eBay and find a full set, then sell the lenses.

Good suggestion. Unfortunately, I can't find any non-Asian fit listings; it's been a number of months too.

If I order from Oakley, which lenses sell the best? Standard, Polarized, Prizm, Prizm Polarized?

I'd say something bright and Prizm Polarized, or maybe Prizm Tungsten Polarized, would probably get the best interest, but it'll be the most expensive also.

Latest Posts

Back