• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Luxottica's Oakley vs. No Oakley

I do like Oakley’s newer wires (Wiretap 2, Ejector, whisker, square wire), I just wish they would make each model in a couple limited titanium colorways. I wish they would‘ve kept some of their original lenses too (non-prizm).

I wish they’d reintroduce the Elite line, specifically with the Elite “O”. Updates on the PB’s... maybe a TB III (though they aren’t making watches at all anymore). On that note they should bring back the watch line.

The X metal rebirth dual set at 14000$ did Lux reopen the old manufacturing plant and rehire all if the skilled engineers in manufacturing just to release these????are they made of garbage wrapped in a riddle lol! I don't get it.
I believe they were just 3d printed, with Scottie Pippen's signature. As a 6x champion and MJ's sidekick, his signature is worth the buy. Maybe it's a shots fired kind of thing or a once in a lifetime. If they do make a re-release, would the original xmetals lose their value?

Why just focus on Oakley? Many of the big brands, you can make the same argument, made for pennies and sold for big money. Nike, Apple etc. One difference with Oakley, many models have increased in value and a good reason for this forum to exist. If Juliet and Mars were worth $10 now, not many people would follow.

Why just focus on Oakley? Many of the big brands, you can make the same argument, made for pennies and sold for big money. Nike, Apple etc. One difference with Oakley, many models have increased in value and a good reason for this forum to exist. If Juliet and Mars were worth $10 now, not many people would follow.
Agree, and oakley frames that are 10 to 20 years old still work.... where Adidas or Nike shoes will fall apart without even wearing them, due to them being glued together. And apple products stop being supported, so you need new sh!t ever so often.

Nah, old Oakley frames will stand the test of time :cool:🤘

Agree, and oakley frames that are 10 to 20 years old still work.... where Adidas or Nike shoes will fall apart without even wearing them, due to them being glued together. And apple products stop being supported, so you need new sh!t ever so often.

Nah, old Oakley frames will stand the test of time :cool:

Apple is one of, if not the best, tech company at long term support for their products. That being said, I think tech is poor comparison here because it becomes outdated due to advances in the field. Doesn’t really happen with sunglasses

Their frames might have lost their appeal but their lenses are right there on the top. This, after trying out dozens of other similarly-priced brands. The only lenses that equal or outperform Oakley's lenses are from Maui Jim and are priced lot more than Oakley's.

I'd rather live with Lux made Oakley's, than no Oakley at all.

I guess the question I am asking is: who is designing the glasses?, like is lux doing everything, or are they only the production line? Is there a design house in California?

Just went on MJs website....impressed by the style...depressed by the prices...

Back