• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I can answer the second question: no.

They do make a Black Iridium Prizm lens that IS polarized, right? Or is that something that will come out soon? I'm hoping to purchase a pair of replacement lenses that are BIP Prizm eventually, even if I do get Maritime now.

They do make a Black Iridium Prizm lens that IS polarized, right? Or is that something that will come out soon? I'm hoping to purchase a pair of replacement lenses that are BIP Prizm eventually, even if I do get Maritime now.
Some are polarized, some are not. Depends on the frame you choose, evidently. My Holbrook Metal has the polarized version. The aforementioned Frog does not. You just have to watch the descriptions of the frames you buy.

Sent from Q's Note5

Some are polarized, some are not. Depends on the frame you choose, evidently. My Holbrook Metal has the polarized version. The aforementioned Frog does not. You just have to watch the descriptions of the frames you buy.

Sent from Q's Note5

I saw a pair at the sunglasses hut I went to recently that just said "PRIZM" in the corner of the lens and they were polarized on the Flak 2.0. Not saying every Flak 2.0 with those lenses will be polarized, but I know they come in a polarized version for that frame.

How much more contrast do BIP Prizm have compared to the standard BIP lenses? It was mentioned that everything is more vibrant - Is it like a Prizm Daily lens where colors pop like that and such?

BIP

2rpdvuu.jpg

Prizm BIP

x1k0v9.png

Anyway you can make a full res image for each to compare the two on a calibrated computer monitor? I know it wouldn't be the same as in real life, but it helps!

i'll see if I can upload the normal size file and you will just have to click on them and open them in a new window or something for full size. keep in mind they are quick photos I just took with my S8 cell phone a few minutes ago, it's not like it was a pro camera or anything. lol.

these should be bigger size for you.

Thanks, @Jontoad! Wow, they really do look better than standard BIP. Yours are Black Iridium POLARIZED Prizm, correct?

Is it just me or does it look a little lighter tho? Like maybe slightly different light transmission? Does anyone have the LT %'s for the Prizm BIP?

Back