• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Members Taking Advantage of Other Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one bought anything man thanks for your response tho. It's simply about what it says
I like this thread, but if you are talking about members making a little cash on the side, you might be missing the mark, especially when there are dudes which i dont need to mention, whose name starts with a C, who grab people's stuff, dont send anything in return, and log off for about a year. Those are the real peaches.

Seriously though, who doesnt scalp here? isnt scalping buying something, waiting for a shortage/demand, then selling at a premium? If that was totally banned here, we would be buying complete OTTs NIB for $225, Medusas complete for less than $400, and no X Metals would ever be sold for over half a grand.

I joined just to hang out and talk to other members who love the product. I couldn't give two craps about the exchange section when I joined. I never even attempted to look at it for months.
So?
People joined for diffrent reasons regardless for the exchange, desires, info, or to just hang out and talk nothing is wrong with that. You dont give a crap about the exchange as you dont ever trade anyways and no plans of trading in the first place since you joined nothing us wrong with that either. The thing is the poster is expressing his thoughts and there is nothing wrong with that either. People will always have a diffrent mind set on a topic. So i think the best way is to just respect it before it goes out of hand.

Unfortunately there are no written rules about scalping. Being a rare item and private owner, there are liberties to just...do that. Bottom line, there's just money to be made and people will test how much someone else wants something.

However, I do get that OP is peeved because the bot he wanted is a pretty recent item (supposedly came from a store at that) and just jumped from $40 (or rather 200 something - thanks for the correction Frank) to $330. IF I register this story correctly, that also happened as a result of asking for help with a pick up. No disrespect to anyone, but in that context of being an errand/messenger task, it is offensive. I mean you don't do a Starbucks run and charge the your friends or co-workers premiums, do you? I've played messenger for pricey stuff while at outlets (can't find them online, etc), but I'd never command some premium unless it was way out of my way — just pay me back ASAP.

Now IF the user already had the bot well before they were contacted or made aware of it, different story and they really can't be judged for making the demands. But either way, one guy's got it, do you really want it?

Last edited:
Seriously though, who doesnt scalp here? isnt scalping buying something, waiting for a shortage/demand, then selling at a premium? If that was totally banned here, we would be buying complete OTTs NIB for $225, Medusas complete for less than $400, and no X Metals would ever be sold for over half a grand.
I know one who NEVER SCALP and he is very very famous :lol::lol:.

People joined for diffrent reasons regardless for the exchange, desires, info, or to just hang out and talk nothing is wrong with that. You dont give a crap about the exchange as you dont ever trade anyways and no plans of trading in the first place since you joined nothing us wrong with that either. The thing is the poster is expressing his thoughts and there is nothing wrong with that either. People will always have a diffrent mind set on a topic. So i think the best way is to just respect it before it goes out of hand.
I have to admit. I've picked up certain items for members here but they specifically asked for the favor. I did it as a favor. Nothing more.

Unfortunately there are no written rules about scalping. Being a rare item and private owner, there are liberties to just...do that. Bottom line, there's just money to be made and people will test how much someone else wants something.

However, I do get that OP is peeved because the bot he wanted is a pretty recent item (supposedly came from a store at that) and just jumped from $40 to $330. IF I register this story correctly, that also happened as a result of asking for help with a pick up. No disrespect to anyone, but in that context of being an errand/messenger task, it is pretty crazy. I understand adding a bit of a premium for the trouble, but not a literal 825% premium. I mean you don't do a Starbucks run and charge the your friends or co-workers premiums, do you? I've played messenger for pricey stuff while at outlets (can't find them online, etc), but I'd never command some premium unless it was way out of my way — just pay me back ASAP.

Now IF the user already had the bot well before they were contacted or made aware of it, different story and they really can't be judged for making the demands. But either way, one guy's got it, do you really want it?
$40 is an incorrect price. It's $200

@Ventruck

Exchange Guidelines | Oakley Forum
  • No Scalping - If you are buying the new products coming out at this time, waiting until they are sold out, and simply attempting to SCALP other members on this forum, that behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED on the forum. If you are doing this, please STOP! It is wrong to simply buy limited edition items, to sell them for profit after they are sold out. If we see this behavior we will contact you and ask you to stop. If this behavior continues, you may be banned.

To hit on multiple fronts-

The exchange is the double edged sword that drives this site- Without it the growth and popularity of this site would suffer greatly. With it grief is inevitable.

Scalping can only exist in a buyer driven market, and even then only when there are willing/foolish buyers- If I bought a robot for $200+ and listed it on eBay for $0.01 but it was bid to $550, am I a scalper?

To assume that anyone is going to do anything out of the goodness of their hearts for a relative stranger is foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back