• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Members Taking Advantage of Other Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ventruck
  • No Scalping - If you are buying the new products coming out at this time, waiting until they are sold out, and simply attempting to SCALP other members on this forum, that behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED on the forum. If you are doing this, please STOP! It is wrong to simply buy limited edition items, to sell them for profit after they are sold out. If we see this behavior we will contact you and ask you to stop. If this behavior continues, you may be banned.
This was blatantly being done recently and nothing was done about it. Nothing at all.

To hit on multiple fronts-

The exchange is the double edged sword that drives this site- Without it the growth and popularity of this site would suffer greatly. With it grief is inevitable.

Scalping can only exist in a buyer driven market, and even then only when there are willing/foolish buyers- If I bought a robot for $200+ and listed it on eBay for $0.01 but it was bid to $550, am I a scalper?

To assume that anyone is going to do anything out of the goodness of their hearts for a relative stranger is foolish.
You are not a scalper. It's the fools who bid the item up to $550 who are morons

I think y'all are missing the point. He's talking about folks buying up all of something and then jacking up the price for people that didn't get a chance to buy it at retail. And by people I mean OF members. I couldn't care less about the general population.

I have a biner on eBay for 400. If a member sees it and needs that number and wants to trade, all he has to do is ask. That's what Sisson16 did. That goes for anything I have.

There are a few people I've seen who are complete douchebags but I just don't do business with them (again). Those people would pay triple and that's just Karma.

All that other stuff is to be expected. You see a BNIB medusa for 400, you ship NOLA asap k?

@digi7alph0enix

you can not compare our exchange section with ebay . . . it's for auctions and some people can not control himself if they try to get some stuff.

But if I post it here for $550....

Double standards all day.

Well it's a different sale dynamic. Bidding vs. set price. If your auction is evidently commanding $550, I don't think it's wrong to demand that here because clearly, if no one here wants to challenge what the auction is giving you, you're realistically gonna take the bidder's money instead.

But I get what @SiRacer420 is saying about community. Generally this place is like a safe zone from BS pricing. I would just say that like the example your provided, it's nothing 100% set in stone that just because someone's an OF member means they get the best price.

I think y'all are missing the point. He's talking about folks buying up all of something and then jacking up the price for people that didn't get a chance to buy it at retail. And by people I mean OF members. I couldn't care less about the general population.

I have a biner on eBay for 400. If a member sees it and needs that number and wants to trade, all he has to do is ask. That's what Sisson16 did. That goes for anything I have.

There are a few people I've seen who are complete douchebags but I just don't do business with them (again). Those people would pay triple and that's just Karma.

All that other stuff is to be expected. You see a BNIB medusa for 400, you ship NOLA asap k?
This is what someone else did the other day too. Remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back