• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MVP Golf Flak 2.0 XL

Ugh. sorta disappointed with this release, was hoping they would come with an extra lens to justify the price point. or something extra besides the special box/print/bag and lens etch.

also note (as I have the same problem with mine and haven't looked closely at the lens itself) the frame has a notch in the orbital towards the upper inside corner. visible in both of your lense defect pictures:

So my pair came in today, I was excited and what do we have?

A nice aberration on the left lense, I tried rubbing it out with the cloth, nothing. Now I am like what do I do? They are all sold out so it's not like I can get a replacement. I know it's hard to see in the pic but it's very noticeable in hand.

View attachment 965219

View attachment 965220

Got mine today. Mine has something on the mvp lens.. not a scratch but like a small cloud that will not come off. Will probably take to Oakley store but but I doubt anything can be done..

View attachment 965239

View attachment 965240

View attachment 965246

^, I didn't even notice that before.

I contacted Oakley; all they offered was a refund. I am trying to get them to send me a new Flak of my choosing since its my favorite glass. I shall see how they respond.

So they just have me a 30% code off my next order; they wouldn't do the Flak of my choice lol. I figured they wouldn't, it was worth a shot. Now I guess I will just keep it and deal with the white circle on the lens.

Mine don’t have the “cloud” issue, but it seems like it’s hit or miss. I wonder if they used seconds or something for this run. I hope that everyone that gets a pair with this issue is contacting Oakley.
I wrote a scathing review on their website and they sent me another 30% off code lol. I hate that they don't actually acknowledge the problem of quality control; they just say sorry about your experience, here is a code that expires soon.

They need to really get their **** together on QC.

At least you got a refund and a 30% off coupon. Doesn't replace a limited edition piece though.
That's what I am saying, they act like they are doing me a favor and I'm like, um, I wanted the glass, not a refund lol.

Did you have to send the defective pair back?
No, they didn't make me do that, which I was definitely surprised about.

Back