• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Experiments In Rust

Can someone pm/tell me what products were used to produced these effects? Is one brand better that another? Thanx

I HAD to do a pair of Juliet’s. No clear on these either. I fell in love with these and try to rock them every chance I get. No damage to the frame under the paint and I can strip it off and redo it whenever I decide to try something different with them! I have no idea why, but these make me weirdly happy…

View attachment 106734
View attachment 106735
View attachment 106736

View attachment 106737
View attachment 106738
View attachment 106739
View attachment 106740

View attachment 106741
I would really love to know how you were able to do this.

I'm wanted to know of the primer is necessary for the purposes of rusting an Oakley frame? Unobtainium or metal frames? Can you just use the iron paint and activator alone?

Also is there anything else needed to "seal" the finished product? And are there any issues in terms of mounting lenses (i.e. finishing chipping or smaller/tighter lens grooves if these products get into the lens grooves?

Thanx

I'm wanted to know of the primer is necessary for the purposes of rusting an Oakley frame? Unobtainium or metal frames? Can you just use the iron paint and activator alone?

Also is there anything else needed to "seal" the finished product? And are there any issues in terms of mounting lenses (i.e. finishing chipping or smaller/tighter lens grooves if these products get into the lens grooves?

Thanx

I've used both methods when rusting and I find it easier without the primer. Primer doesn't make a difference just makes it thicker when applying the paints. However I've only rusted vaults, no frames yet. Result always vary.

Back