• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New Bump Rule And Multiple Sale Rule.

greg

Oakley Expert
Philadelphia
Ok it seems like my proposal of a 72 hour bump rule is well liked!!! As I have already said, it gives everyone a chance to be at the top and be seen near the top!!!

I have another rule to propose dealing with multiple sales... There is a member right now on the x-metal exchange taking up like the first 5 spots having a weekend sale. This should not be allowed? a seller like this should just post the sale under one listing weekend sale, Then sell all of his models under that one listing.

I hope you guys like this as much as the bump rule. As an Oakley fan I love seeing what people have to sell, so I like most of you probably check out each thread anyway. Thus their is no need for one seller to take up the first 5,6,7 or however many spots.

If these rules are well liked, what is the process of getting these established and enforced???

PS. I am in no way talking bad about the seller and I didnt even mention his name. I hope he sells all of his stuff!!! I am in no way against him utilizing the forum, thats why we exist in the first place. I just wanted to point out that its a bit crazy for 1 seller to have 5 spots at the top pushing everyone else down and even off the first page.

Greg

i totally agree, i have seen posts on here showing off custom projects and there will be a new post for every process that has ever been done on them. and there is the flashy ones and the not so flashy i believe that there should be a rule that if you are going to show something off it could all be included in one post there does not need to be 15 posts about projects when there can be one. i have done it and i do not do it anymore.

i totally agree, i have seen posts on here showing off custom projects and there will be a new post for every process that has ever been done on them. and there is the flashy ones and the not so flashy i believe that there should be a rule that if you are going to show something off it could all be included in one post there does not need to be 15 posts about projects when there can be one. i have done it and i do not do it anymore.
To be clear, I don't think the intent is to curtail posting in all sections. More so the Classifieds specifically. Wherein a person with pairs of glasses making 6 threads will consume 30% of the front page. And when they feel like bumping all 6 threads we consume that 30% again. And questions and GLWS posts across 6 threads leads to more posts and more bumps.

But with the ability to lock our own commerce threads, edit posts, and the fact that the forum allows some considerably long thread names it really negates the need to separate every pair.

Personally I wouldn't touch the regulation in other areas, except maybe ask members to post and edit the continuation of a project in a single thread.

@Rustpot We are in FULL agreement I think this rule should only apply to the exchange. If the rule is needed elsewhere on the forum that is something that us members should like into down the line in the future. I say we first implement this rule in the exchange section ONLY... at least for now.

So how do we make this a reality @OakleyBoss @Batwolf I hope you guys can I agree and realize how these changes will improve our community

Its honestly pointless to have more than one thread... Why cant someones thread read like this " For Sale - Multiple metals, Juliets, mars, and xx" ????

what do you think about the bump rule?

I was ok with a bump rule the first time we had it in place and it would be nice to have the newer threads up top so yeah thats cool with me. I agree I dont see why some people make multiple threads for different things. Its understandable when they are seperated by section like metals to metals exchange and omatter to oakley exchange and so on and so forth.

Latest Posts

Back