• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

New to Oakleys,seems like an addiction

Was just talking with me wife and she has a pair of older Oakley's, not polarized and she says that hydro cleaner works for hers as far as an anti fog but she doesn't think it works very well.....not sure why it works for me so well and not her, I even work outdoors and am walking between inside and outside all the time.....

Just wanted to let you know the bad with the good brother hope that helps

Well it’ll be spring soon so we’ll see if that helps haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So.......am I in trouble for changing the lenses? I don’t know the mood of this forum yet and I’m wondering if I stepped on any “Purists” toes or something?

I originally was going to go for a Sapphire Irridium pair of Turbine Rotors but I figured I would get these Oil Rigs and pocket the extra $100.

View attachment 435964

No, you arent stepping on any toes, many on this forum use aftermarket, but I never will. Here is why:

Going to take the oil rigs to the optometrist this morning and see if they can shape them better for me.

Will take pics of what they have in the Oakley display booth

Well I’m happy the girl at my eye place was able to straighten my frames a little bit now they’re perfect she also put some silicone nose pieces some inserts and that made the glasses a little further from my eyes on the top end and they are just perfect now. Here’s what they had in selection, what are the Blue lenses models?

d36067f435a39fe82df100dcc68236c3.jpg
6170016c4a8b2a81258493f3176b08b3.jpg
1ac30e6d31623bb3a5fffbdb02c2c99e.jpg
91fb66c646f91ae6b5fc9a136d2620fb.jpg
6724c19f47c54d4e82459a7970d61b54.jpg
9d3901c8a5d6f7260d8ac0d88acc1135.jpg

Well I’m happy the girl at my eye place was able to straighten my frames a little bit now they’re perfect she also put some silicone nose pieces some inserts and that made the glasses a little further from my eyes on the top end and they are just perfect now. Here’s what they had in selection, what are the Blue lenses models?

View attachment 436720View attachment 436721View attachment 436722View attachment 436723View attachment 436724View attachment 436725

Those silicon nose pieces are neat. How do they work? Are they just adhered in?

Ah man they make all the difference in the world, especially since I have a thin nose and the bridge width seems larger on Oil Rigs so now they stay put. Yup one side is an adhesive and the silicone is SUPER SOFT for grip. She said they usually only last a few months because sweat breaks them down and they are super thin, but we will see. I expect them to last longer because I’m never hard on my shades. The only other pair I ever put silicone nose pads on was my pair of Carrera Gipsy Aviators and now they stay planted no matter what you are doing.

Also if you find your eyebrows mess up your lenses then these incerts are the cure.

Oh and I forgot to mention, she said I can have a pack of them for $17. But I bet they might have them on EBay as well.

Back