• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

who does the updating to this list i have some information add in regards to the m2xl
Just leave a comment and tag me and I will update. I welcome any corrections or updates as well.

It’s not necessary to provide the following info, but it would be helpful to tell me:-
1. Whether original etching is preserved post cutting or not
2. Whether hand cut or machine cut (hand cuts mean smaller donor lenses can be used)
3. Is the donor lens the same BC (base curvature)
4. If polarized donor lenses are used, is the correct orientation maintained or are angles changed (@Chris A Hardaway can make more knowledgeable comments about this)
5. If a donor lens does NOT work, this is helpful to know so others don’t try.

Cheers, and thanks!!!

@cacatman

M2 XL can yield :

Hybrid S etching will be lost hand cut
Sweep etching will be lost hand cut
New Hybrid ( abbreviated length ) Partial etching ( half of the m on prizm only half of the M and P for prizm P ) hand cut
Gen 2 Hybrid Hand cut Partial etching ( at least from the pictures i have )
67 ( update shortly )

Regular M2 lens

V etching will be lost hand cut

@cacatman

M2 XL can yield :

New Hybrid ( abbreviated length ) Partial etching ( half of the m on prizm only half of the M and P for prizm P ) hand cut
67 ( update shortly )

Regular M2 lens

Will update when I get back from camp. Thanks for this.

@cacatman

M2 XL can yield :

67 ( update shortly )

Regular M2 lens

Can you please specify which M frames these are? I am not familiar with all the different versions.

e.g. Hybrid S reference - There are M frame Hybrid S, Mag M Frame Hybrid S, Pro M Frame Hybrid S. Are they all the same size?

Sweep has multiple versions, too.

It would be easiest for me if you go here - O-Review and let me know which hybrid S, sweep and V m-frames you are referring to.

Can you please specify which M frames these are? I am not familiar with all the different versions.

e.g. Hybrid S reference - There are M frame Hybrid S, Mag M Frame Hybrid S, Pro M Frame Hybrid S. Are they all the same size?

Sweep has multiple versions, too.

It would be easiest for me if you go here - O-Review and let me know which hybrid S, sweep and V m-frames you are referring to.
I wear pro m frame so I cut for that frame. As I’ve been cutting more and more I’ve been find out that each lens has to be to trimmed to fit the frame nothing is exact like X metals each frame is different. I haven’t cut a lens for a mag m. The only folding arm m frame I’ve cut for was a new m frame but that was with a goggle lens.

I wear pro m frame so I cut for that frame. As I’ve been cutting more and more I’ve been find out that each lens has to be to trimmed to fit the frame nothing is exact like X metals each frame is different. I haven’t cut a lens for a mag m. The only folding arm m frame I’ve cut for was a new m frame but that was with a goggle lens.
Thanks for this.

Sorry about this last question, but what is the "V" in your comment here, "V etching will be lost hand cut."? I can't find a Pro M-frame "V" frame. Sorry about the (maybe) obvious questions. I just want to make sure everything is as clear as possible.

Updated....

Pro M-Frame - Hybrid (Gen 2)
Yes, but - M2 XL (hand cut, partial etching) (@Phil da Prototypist)

Pro M-Frame - Hybrid S
Yes, but - M2 (hand cut, etching will be lost) (@Phil da Prototypist), M2 XL (hand cut etching lost) (@Phil da Prototypist)

Pro M-Frame - New Hybrid
Yes, but - M2 XL (hand cut, etching - Half of the "m" on "prizm" only half of the "m" and "P" for "prizm P") (@Phil da Prototypist)

Pro M-Frame - Sweep
Yes, but - M2 (hand cut, etching will be lost) (@Phil da Prototypist), M2 XL (hand cut, etching lost) (@Phil da Prototypist)

The v lens is the original sweep at least that my take on it’s shape.

1689951023841.jpeg

Back