• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

That's a great question ... I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anything large enough on 8.75 base curve. Maybe there were shield or "masks" large enough on the toric curve? @Wavecloud Customs do u have any idea?

@SpliceD did I make you HI persimmon or HI yellow for the Splice. Sorry I forgot as a splice "non-collector"... Though that donor wouldn't be large enough.

I've been wanting to get a pair of H.I. Yellow lenses for my Flak Draft but Oakley never made that an option. Fuse nor Revant offers Draft lenses, so I'm now starting to wonder if there is a possible donor lens out there that would work?

Flak draft is one of the bigger (sport) frames with an 8.75 base curve. I am thinking the only possibility would be a shield lens from like an M frame, Radar, etc. I’m not sure the base curve on those but I know it’s NOT 8.75. I also know Chris can’t cut lenses for Semi rimless frames on his machine. So it would probably have to be done by hand or find someone with a different machine that can do it. But with it being semi rimless and the base curve not the same they may want to pop out of the frames. Also the tabs on flak draft lenses are kinda complex to be cutting by hand. It could probably be done but it probably won’t be easy

That's a great question ... I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anything large enough on 8.75 base curve. Maybe there were shield or "masks" large enough on the toric curve? @Wavecloud Customs do u have any idea?

@SpliceD did I make you HI persimmon or HI yellow for the Splice. Sorry I forgot as a splice "non-collector"... Though that donor wouldn't be large enough.

You cut HI Persimmon for me. I know HI Yellow were available for Jawbones. No idea what BC JB's are.

That's a great question ... I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anything large enough on 8.75 base curve. Maybe there were shield or "masks" large enough on the toric curve?

They're HUGE now that I took them out of the frame and started comparing them to my other lenses, I'm really unsure there's an option that'd be wide enough.

Flak draft is one of the bigger (sport) frames with an 8.75 base curve. I am thinking the only possibility would be a shield lens from like an M frame, Radar, etc. I’m not sure the base curve on those but I know it’s NOT 8.75. I also know Chris can’t cut lenses for Semi rimless frames on his machine. So it would probably have to be done by hand or find someone with a different machine that can do it. But with it being semi rimless and the base curve not the same they may want to pop out of the frames. Also the tabs on flak draft lenses are kinda complex to be cutting by hand. It could probably be done but it probably won’t be easy
Do you know what the base curve of them is - since I recall reading I believe on here that they could be used as XX XM donors, so wouldn't they need to be 8.75 in order to do that? I also wasn't aware there were different machines for half frame vs full frame. So that's certainly a downer as my other consideration after realizing how large the draft lens is, was another half frame...

Isn’t there another frame that uses the same exact lenses as the flak draft? I wonder if those came with that lens
I'm 90% sure the SI Speed Jacket uses the same exact lens, and is the Draft but w/o the rubbers just plastic arms. I just couldn't find a direct yes or no to that, just reviews stating the speed jacket and flak draft are very similar but that wasn't helpful ha

Jawbone is 8.75 that may work didn’t think about that. Still idk if it’s big enough for a flak draft
The JB isn't wide enough... I'm almost certain there's nothing as wide as the draft - even if there is like you said the mounting cut-outs are pretty complex. Which would lead me to believe that's the main reason why aftermarket makers don't have them because of that complexity of that cut-out.

They're HUGE now that I took them out of the frame and started comparing them to my other lenses, I'm really unsure there's an option that'd be wide enough.

Do you know what the base curve of them is - since I recall reading I believe on here that they could be used as XX XM donors, so wouldn't they need to be 8.75 in order to do that? I also wasn't aware there were different machines for half frame vs full frame. So that's certainly a downer as my other consideration after realizing how large the draft lens is, was another half frame...

They are (Toric) base curve idk what that means so don’t bother asking.hahaha but yes they will work in xmetal also I don’t know why they just do. The lenses are closer to eyelashes but they will fit.

I'm 90% sure the SI Speed Jacket uses the same exact lens, and is the Draft but w/o the rubbers just plastic arms. I just couldn't find a direct yes or no to that, just reviews stating the speed jacket and flak draft are very similar but that wasn't helpful ha
That's right, speed jacket. I don't think that came in HI yellow. It's been a while. I have a lab with an MEI edger that can cut complex shapes like that... But with my using a third party the cut alone can be $69-80... They also will only do it at your own risk. I could probably make a HI Yellow look alike for around $250... But do you really wanna spend that much for non RX lenses? RX lenses would be $50 more, to do digital processing, better optics like OTD Oakley RX lab in Dallas and Atlanta now.

Back