• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Oakley Donor Lens Quick Reference Guide 2024

I found out that Fuse RX sell Draft lenses, but only as RX... for $250 - Which is kind of confusing to me. @Chris A Hardaway maybe you can explain this further to me. As to why they wouldn't offer it in a regular cut non-RX option if they can make it in a RX, is it something to do with manufacturing cost of making the complex cut @Jakeracefox mentioned they have?

That's right, speed jacket. I don't think that came in HI yellow. It's been a while. I have a lab with an MEI edger that can cut complex shapes like that... But with my using a third party the cut alone can be $69-80... They also will only do it at your own risk. I could probably make a HI Yellow look alike for around $250... But do you really wanna spend that much for non RX lenses? RX lenses would be $50 more, to do digital processing, better optics like OTD Oakley RX lab in Dallas and Atlanta now.

I love the coverage of the Draft model but I miss some of my favorite lenses which aren't offered in the more recent model. I don't quite need RX lenses yet so, if I am going to spend that amount I'd rather wait till my sights a bit worse. That way I'll be able to better justify spending that, although I appreciate the offer bro! I guess I'll put my effort into finding some older HI yellow lens for something else I own for now.

Mini Rant; It pisses me off Oakley discontinued certain HDO tints that there is literally zero prizm equivalent to them, like H.I. Yellow - back around 2011 there was over 60 different possible lens options for the Half Jacket model, currently there's only like 20 of them. An some of them aren't sold in the newer models because they aren't prizm... An that bugs me because there isn't a single prizm option for some of those discontinued lenses, that I really enjoyed. HI Yellow was ideal for dawn/dusk runs - now there's literally zero replacement that's currently offered in the prizm line-up that could replicate HI Yellow tint. I tried out some prizm low light lens on my radar ev but I didn't enjoy it at all, yellow had the nice brighting effect when looking through it. Prizm trail was probably the closest option but I still find it too dark to use for real late/early runs.

That's a great question ... I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think anything large enough on 8.75 base curve. Maybe there were shield or "masks" large enough on the toric curve? @Wavecloud Customs do u have any idea?

@SpliceD did I make you HI persimmon or HI yellow for the Splice. Sorry I forgot as a splice "non-collector"... Though that donor wouldn't be large enough.

I think that an M Frame Heater HI Yellow could work.

Screen Shot 2019-01-03 at 6.01.57 PM.png

They are (Toric) base curve idk what that means so don’t bother asking.hahaha but yes they will work in xmetal also I don’t know why they just do. The lenses are closer to eyelashes but they will fit.

I've brushed up a bit on Toric lenses from my passion of snow goggles.. but the toric goggle lenses I've seen are much flatter (they mostly look like a cylindrical lens with a tad of sphericalicalness to it) like the Turbine Toric lenses. I find it kind of odd if the draft truly is a Toric lens as I could easily overlap my flak draft lenses over a flak 1.0 and jawbone, they appear to sit flush - photos are pretty poor but in comparison to the goggle/heater it's clearly much more obvious.

I think that an M Frame Heater HI Yellow could work.
It's a really tight squeeze to make it fit on a heater, but the curvature isn't even close :confused: - I tried them with a few different goggle lenses but no luck either.
If the plaintiff lenses were about 15mm wider you could maybe use that but I don't feel the curvature is correct. I cannot think of anything wide enough that would work, maybe something from another brand - or if you somehow managed to find a lens blank?
49266730_640006396415620_8388674275640344576_n.jpg
49555797_1875281835931790_4816782092769689600_n.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 564965

I've brushed up a bit on Toric lenses from my passion of snow goggles.. but the toric goggle lenses I've seen are much flatter (they mostly look like a cylindrical lens with a tad of sphericalicalness to it) like the Turbine Toric lenses. I find it kind of odd if the draft truly is a Toric lens as I could easily overlap my flak draft lenses over a flak 1.0 and jawbone, they appear to sit flush - photos are pretty poor but in comparison to the goggle/heater it's clearly much more obvious.

It's a really tight squeeze to make it fit on a heater, but the curvature isn't even close :confused: - I tried them with a few different goggle lenses but no luck either.
If the plaintiff lenses were about 15mm wider you could maybe use that but I don't feel the curvature is correct. I cannot think of anything wide enough that would work, maybe something from another brand - or if you somehow managed to find a lens blank?
View attachment 564966 View attachment 564967

Flak draft is 8.75

Do you know what the base curve of them is - since I recall reading I believe on here that they could be used as XX XM donors, so wouldn't they need to be 8.75 in order to do that? I also wasn't aware there were different machines for half frame vs full frame. So that's certainly a downer as my other consideration after realizing how large the draft lens is, was another half frame...

They are (Toric) base curve idk what that means so don’t bother asking.hahaha but yes they will work in xmetal also I don’t know why they just do. The lensesare closer to eyelashes but they will fit.

Flak draft is 8.75
@Jakeracefox I'm confused on how they have a 8.75 base curve but earlier I understood it as a __? ? ? ?_ base curve because the Draft is a Toric lens. Could you explain - since I might try looking into other brands for something similar to HI Yellow if there is that is. But I'd like to have an idea of what base curve I'd want to be looking for?

@Jakeracefox I'm confused on how they have a 8.75 base curve but earlier I understood it as a __? ? ? ?_ base curve because the Draft is a Toric lens. Could you explain - since I might try looking into other brands for something similar to HI Yellow if there is that is. But I'd like to have an idea of what base curve I'd want to be looking for?

Flak draft is a 8.75 base curve and m frame and radar are toric. Toric may be able to be used as a replacement but I don’t know for sure. The only reason I say that is because x metal is 8.75 but you can cut Toric lenses to fit. I mentioned using the m frame or radar (Toric) because they are are shield lenses and are big enough,they alsohave that specific color you are looking for

I found out that Fuse RX sell Draft lenses, but only as RX... for $250 - Which is kind of confusing to me. @Chris A Hardaway maybe you can explain this further to me. As to why they wouldn't offer it in a regular cut non-RX option if they can make it in a RX, is it something to do with manufacturing cost of making the complex cut @Jakeracefox mentioned they have?

I love the coverage of the Draft model but I miss some of my favorite lenses which aren't offered in the more recent model. I don't quite need RX lenses yet so, if I am going to spend that amount I'd rather wait till my sights a bit worse. That way I'll be able to better justify spending that, although I appreciate the offer bro! I guess I'll put my effort into finding some older HI yellow lens for something else I own for now.

Mini Rant; It pisses me off Oakley discontinued certain HDO tints that there is literally zero prizm equivalent to them, like H.I. Yellow - back around 2011 there was over 60 different possible lens options for the Half Jacket model, currently there's only like 20 of them. An some of them aren't sold in the newer models because they aren't prizm... An that bugs me because there isn't a single prizm option for some of those discontinued lenses, that I really enjoyed. HI Yellow was ideal for dawn/dusk runs - now there's literally zero replacement that's currently offered in the prizm line-up that could replicate HI Yellow tint. I tried out some prizm low light lens on my radar ev but I didn't enjoy it at all, yellow had the nice brighting effect when looking through it. Prizm trail was probably the closest option but I still find it too dark to use for real late/early runs.
Making a Plano (non Rx lens) lens from scratch is the same cost as making an RX lens from scratch. So cost is the same. Grind a lens, tint, hardcoat, add mirror, cut to shape. Only mass production is cheaper.

I agree with your rant, just no time for a good reply. Your rant is so true. I can't even get Earsocks and screws on many frames now.

Flak draft is a 8.75 base curve and m frame and radar are toric. Toric may be able to be used as a replacement but I don’t know for sure. The only reason I say that is because x metal is 8.75 but you can cut Toric lenses to fit. I mentioned using the m frame or radar (Toric) because they are are shield lenses and are big enough,they also have that specific color you are looking for
I did a few other test layovers and I want to say Radar XL blade lenses came the closest to comfortably fitting in terms of space for the draft. Although the BC still isn't all that there. Speaking in the general sense of what lenses would even come close to accommodated the size of the draft, I'd maybe see about the Wind Jacket 2.0. I had a pair and the lenses on those were rather large - although I don't believe they are HI Yellow.

Latest Posts

Back