• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet Replacement Lenses

Eric W

Oakley Beginner
Do you all have opinions on the best replacement lenses for Juliets Sunglasses? Can you even get original Oakley lenses anymore? I am open to both aftermarket and Oakley replacement lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,
Do you all have opinions on the best replacement lenses for Juliets? Can you even get original Oakley lenses anymore?

Eric
Yes, check the for sale section.

If you are new, you have to wait a bit before buying or selling on here. Check the rules.

Or larger oakley lenses can be cut to fit.

There are aftermarket options too.

Welcome to the forum. Once you have met the requirements you'll have access to the Exchange section where you can find lenses for sale or you can contact @Chris A Hardaway the Optical Champ.

He provides custom cut lenses that are from OEM donors. I haven't used him yet but I have plans to have several custom cuts done shortly. He has some vidz of his work posted within this forum.

@Linegear Japan a forum sponsor is a good place to start for after market lenses just for x-metals. I do not have any of their lenses but others here say they are excellent.

There are many threads and varying opinions on lenses. I recommend you read through as many as you can and come up with you own opinion before you make any decisions.

I have several after market lenses. Some garbage, some below average, and some good. None are the quality of OEM.

Good Luck!

Welcome to the forum. Once you have met the requirements you'll have access to the Exchange section where you can find lenses for sale or you can contact @Chris A Hardaway the Optical Champ.

He provides custom cut lenses that are from OEM donors. I haven't used him yet but I have plans to have several custom cuts done shortly. He has some vidz of his work posted within this forum.

@Linegear Japan a forum sponsor is a good place to start for after market lenses just for x-metals. I do not have any of their lenses but others here say they are excellent.

There are many threads and varying opinions on lenses. I recommend you read through as many as you can and come up with you own opinion before you make any decisions.

I have several after market lenses. Some garbage, some below average, and some good. None are the quality of OEM.

Good Luck!
+1 for Linegear if you go with an aftermarket lens. There are simply none better. And most definitely +1 for Chris Hardaway lens cutting champ if you decide you need authentic oakley lenses cut specifically for your frame. A second aftermarket lens manufacturer I would recommend is Ikon lenses (found on ebay, amazon, or their website). They have not been optically proven like Linegear but seem to have a very good product if you want a polarized lens (also the cheapest out of the bunch mentioned). Those are my top choices anyway. For a Juliet, lenses should be relatively easy to get. It just depends on the color you want and if you want an Oakley manufactured lens.

Lens Cutting
Why custom cut lenses?
- Because Oakley no longer produces or sells factory original lenses for many older models.
- Oakley lenses are very very very fragile. As good as they are, they peel and degrade quite easily. Apparently even having a heart beat can cause stress fractures according to @tomtrucker. True Story!!!
- Most Oakley collectors prefer to have genuine Oakley lenses rather than purchase cheap and widely available third party aftermarket lenses.
- Currently produced oversize Oakley lenses can be cut to the right size. That's why Big Taco or Flak 2.0 XL lenses are so popular. See below for links to what works with what!
- It means one can utilise newer technology e.g. different colour-ways and Prizm lenses that weren't originally produced for older frames.
- Don't know what Prizm lens you want/need? Then check out @MicahS's fabulous comparative video right here!!

Want aftermarket lenses? Shame on you!!! In the immortal words of @Lexkempo "Go OEM or go home!!!"... but if you insist, check reviews here or here or info about Linegear's Lenses. Special mention - Check out @Ventruck 's brilliant in depth (but limited) reviews here.

Unsure what "donor" lens you need for your Oakleys? Check here for a 2014 table and search here for the latest compatibility. P.S. "Donor" lens = lens that is big enough to be cut down to a size suitable for the frame you're wanting new lenses for.

@Chris A Hardaway - Lens cutting (California, USA) - Seems to have the best reputation for cutting on Oakley Forum. Buy Chris' lenses here. Check out how and what he does here!
@jdd32 (Sydney, Australia) - See Ron's work here. Very responsive to FB messages.
@salj838 (Dubai, UAE) - Buy her lenses here. She is on FB but MIA since 11/2015.
@scienergy - (Missouri, USA) Offers optical lab-cut O lenses for the X Metal frames
@SouLFuLFrog (Toronto, Canada) - Check out his work here. Turnaround time < 2 weeks! Has cut 100+ lenses.

Lens Cutting
Why custom cut lenses?
- Because Oakley no longer produces or sells factory original lenses for many older models.
- Oakley lenses are very very very fragile. As good as they are, they peel and degrade quite easily. Apparently even having a heart beat can cause stress fractures according to @tomtrucker. True Story!!!
- Most Oakley collectors prefer to have genuine Oakley lenses rather than purchase cheap and widely available third party aftermarket lenses.
- Currently produced oversize Oakley lenses can be cut to the right size. That's why Big Taco or Flak 2.0 XL lenses are so popular. See below for links to what works with what!
- It means one can utilise newer technology e.g. different colour-ways and Prizm lenses that weren't originally produced for older frames.
- Don't know what Prizm lens you want/need? Then check out @MicahS's fabulous comparative video right here!!

Want aftermarket lenses? Shame on you!!! In the immortal words of @Lexkempo "Go OEM or go home!!!"... but if you insist, check reviews here or here or info about Linegear's Lenses. Special mention - Check out @Ventruck 's brilliant in depth (but limited) reviews here.

Unsure what "donor" lens you need for your Oakleys? Check here for a 2014 table and search here for the latest compatibility. P.S. "Donor" lens = lens that is big enough to be cut down to a size suitable for the frame you're wanting new lenses for.

@Chris A Hardaway - Lens cutting (California, USA) - Seems to have the best reputation for cutting on Oakley Forum. Buy Chris' lenses here. Check out how and what he does here!
@jdd32 (Sydney, Australia) - See Ron's work here. Very responsive to FB messages.
@salj838 (Dubai, UAE) - Buy her lenses here. She is on FB but MIA since 11/2015.
@scienergy - (Missouri, USA) Offers optical lab-cut O lenses for the X Metal frames
@SouLFuLFrog (Toronto, Canada) - Check out his work here. Turnaround time < 2 weeks! Has cut 100+ lenses.
Well, nobody can put it better than this! Haha! Nobody makes lists like @cacatman!

Back