• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
It is also worth noting some people do not mind their frame touching their cheekbones while others do.
What about C6 and pitboss1 as far as frame geometry for asia fit?

Is this better!!!!:D:D:D :behindsofa:
to the typical Caucasian). Asia Fit versions are less likely to "sit on your cheeks" (unless you're like @Skyler and doesn't mind it so much!!)!!

As far as I know, there are no AF C6 or PitBoss 1, right @X-Metal Beast, @PitBoss, @YakuzaFloralGangsta?

It is also worth noting some people do not mind their frame touching their cheekbones while others do.
What about C6 and pitboss1 as far as frame geometry for asia fit?
I cannot stand when they touch my face. I got pretty annoyed when they touch my eyebrows too - no winning haha. Monster Pup's fit me perfectly, though they hit my brows so they ended up getting let go

As an Indian, technically I qualify as Asian - no? Yet I've found in general, most caucasian pairs fit me better but if need be, I can also rock an AF pair.

I do have a pretty big nose though.

As an Indian, technically I qualify as Asian - no? Yet I've found in general, most caucasian pairs fit me better but if need be, I can also rock an AF pair.

I do have a pretty big nose though.
You’re blessed to be able to easily wear both.

Indians generally (and I stress “generally”) have more beautiful (sharper) noses, bigger eyes and longer eyelashes than us Chinese, but their main challenge is that they have difficulty with eyelash brushing the lenses. I think this is even more true the more north you are (apart from a fairer skin colour and increased height). Judging a book by it’s cover, are you from the north?

You’re blessed to be able to easily wear both.

Indians generally (and I stress “generally”) have more beautiful (sharper) noses, bigger eyes and longer eyelashes than us Chinese, but their main challenge is that they have difficulty with eyelash brushing the lenses. I think this is even more true the more north you are (apart from a fairer skin colour and increased height). Judging a book by it’s cover, are you from the north?

That is true - I always have an issue with eyelashes brushing against frame - it's part of the reason why I don't like Carbon Blades as much as I should. My nose is HUGE - never considered it beautiful, haha. I will say though, I notice when there's an inside buffer of frame between the lens and forehead that I do not have an issue with my eyelashes brushing against lens. So, it doesn't occur with frames such as PBI, PBII, and most X-Metals but it will occur with frames that are going for a frame-less or near frame-less design. Especially if the lens is dropped down from the frame and meant to rest against/close to forehead.

My family is from Ludhiana, so that would be Northern India, I believe. I was born in the U.S though.

That is true - I always have an issue with eyelashes brushing against frame - it's part of the reason why I don't like Carbon Blades as much as I should. My nose is HUGE - never considered it beautiful, haha. I will say though, I notice when there's an inside buffer of frame between the lens and forehead that I do not have an issue with my eyelashes brushing against lens. So, it doesn't occur with frames such as PBI, PBII, and most X-Metals but it will occur with frames that are going for a frame-less or near frame-less design. Especially if the lens is dropped down from the frame and meant to rest against/close to forehead.

My family is from Ludhiana, so that would be Northern India, I believe. I was born in the U.S though.
I knew it. You seem to be reasonably tall as well which fits in with my theory.

Funny how the grass is greener on the other side. I'd kill to have your nose (I'm just joking. I'm just using hyperbole. I wouldn't kill you because I know that whoever promised me your nose in exchange for your life would never be able to give it to me to use as my own....). Just be grateful that your nostrils are pointing downwards instead of at 90 degrees like mine and that your eyes open wide enough for people to believe that you need sunglasses to protect them!! I've often been confused as an extra talking gorilla from the "Planet of the Apes" set, on account of my saucer shaped nostril holes. And of course talking didn't convince them, because as you know, all the gorillas speak on the "Planet of the Apes". I eventually got out of it when they realise that I naturally don't have much hair on my body (unlike a normal chimp)!!!!

Funny how the grass is greener on the other side. I'd kill to have your nose (I'm just joking. I'm just using hyperbole. I wouldn't kill you because I know that whoever promised me your nose in exchange for your life would never be able to give it to me to use as my own....). Just be grateful that your nostrils are pointing downwards instead of at 90 degrees like mine and that your eyes open wide enough for people to believe that you need sunglasses to protect them!! I've often been confused as an extra talking gorilla from the "Planet of the Apes" set, on account of my saucer shaped nostril holes. And of course talking didn't convince them, because as you know, all the gorillas speak on the "Planet of the Apes". I eventually got out of it when they realise that I naturally don't have much hair on my body (unlike a normal chimp)!!!!

No worries, I have enough hair for me to be confused as a gorilla. Grass is definitely greener on the other side.

I have shortlisted 3 models namely 9379, 9358 and 9244, other than Ebay, anywhere else I can scoot for them?

:D

Back