• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Baseball Infield or Outfield?

I no longer play baseball and now play slow pitch softball. Do either of these lenses alter colors to a point that would be detrimental to a yellow softball instead of the white baseball that they are intended for?

Do any of you use these for slow pitch softball? More specifically the infield version.

Thanks.

My league uses yellow Hot Dots and the baseball outfield lens picks the ball up great. I personally like the outfield lens because its darker and blocks more light than baseball infield. It's all personal preference with lenses when it comes to sports though to be honest.

can anyone put out a look-through comparison on these two?

Over time, I surprisingly like BB Outfield more than Road for cycling. Now I'm just wondering how BB Infield is right before F&F is over.

I just saw your post. Glad to see some one who uses the Prizm baseball outfield while cycling.

What is the actual light transmission for this?

Reviving another old thread. I had been searching over the net and cannot find an info on what's the difference of the new prizm field vs the old prizm baseball outfield and infield? Is the new prizm field comparable to the Prizm baseball outfield?
They eliminated Prizm Infield, so Prizm Field is just the old Prizm Outfield.

Prizm Baseball Outfield is now Prizm Field. The Light transmission is 15%. Prizm Baseball Infield is now Prizm Infield. It's not very common now. It has a fire like base tint. Looks pretty cool. On the other hand outfield (or just field) has very purplish kind of base tint. Very functional. I like it more than prizm road, it provides excellent sun protection with awesome contrast that you can use it for almost every sport baseball, cricket, golf, cycling etc. It is very versatile. It is my favourite prizm lens. Torch Iridium also looks very beautiful compared to positive red of prizm road. I think they got rid of infield just because outfield is just perfect for both outfield and infield condition. So, they gave the name 'Prizm Field'. Although Prizm Infield is offered in radar ev, m2, radarlock as replacement lenses.
20190402_162255.jpg
RADAR EV Pitch Prizm Field - my favourite Oakley. I love everything about it.

Latest Posts

Back