• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley will continue to impress with R2 release (2nd release for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what a little birdie told me, the LE 2K pair will be a new Ferrari Madman with an all carbon fiber frame ala C-6 which explains the 2K price tag, could be wrong though so take it with a grain of salt

I think about 50% of that is correct, but I won't say what 50%

Continue to impress implies they've been impressing; given this collector hasn't actually kept a single post Lux takeover item (the PB and XS don't count, they began development under the JJ regime) for more than a couple months, they've been failing to do that for me essentially the last 8 years. That's right- Negative Nancy rides again.

No love at all for the carbon blade??

Continue to impress implies they've been impressing; given this collector hasn't actually kept a single post Lux takeover item (the PB and XS don't count, they began development under the JJ regime) for more than a couple months, they've been failing to do that for me essentially the last 8 years. That's right- Negative Nancy rides again.

When they say "new x-metals", they don't mean the original Ti stuff but more things like the madman and badman.

In other words, the badman you know already is the x-metal version. As far as Oakley is concerned.
Surely they could make a badman out of ti alloy or carbon fibre? Some exotic material?

Personally though I'd prefer they used more durable (if not exotic) materials on these, I'd be more interested in additional frame styles in the line.

Personally though I'd prefer they used more durable (if not exotic) materials on these, I'd be more interested in additional frame styles in the line.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but I just want to point out that unless you're sitting on them or slamming them in car doors or beating on them with a hammer (none of which are recommended use) aluminum is above and beyond durable for a sunglasses frame. They'll hold up to sitting on your head and the absent minded drop just as well as titanium. And they're half the weight on your face. Again I'm not trying to disagree necessarily or call out your comment, I just think the durability argument against the new metals is a little overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back