• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R2 Lens Removal

You're really better off getting a wiha. Sometimes a quality precision driver can free a partially stripped screw, while a cheap one can make it worse. $300 sunglasses are worth a $10 screwdriver.

Then if it's rusted tight, give it a shot of WD40 first, then ensure you clean the residue off the lenses, etc afterwards.
Yeah, I'm looking for wiha (I've got their T6) but its quite hard to get them here in Mexico, and the wiha I got from ebay took 2.5 months to get here, so I'm not sure thats the best option.
Just out of mental sanity/curiosity, there was never a T4 screw on the R2 right?
Thanks

Lens screws are technically hex drivers but T5 works for them. However 2nd hand frames tend to have screws rusted or abused with a T6 by previous owners and hence your T5 isn't gripping. If that's the case, use a T6 with firm grip and pressure while slowly unscrewing it

As advised, purchase if you can a good quality T5 and if you can't get hold one where you are, let me know and I will send you one.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back