• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real Or Fake Display Bobs And Grenades- Does It Matter?

A lot of oakley's products are priced really high but even then people buy them for the name and quality.
Oakley did not manufacture their merchandising items. I have a box of POP card holders on the desk in front of me and the carton says "made in China". Same with stands.
Display towers and cubes were made by FABCON so I'm pretty sure that Bob's were outsourced too.

Oakley did not manufacture their merchandising items. I have a box of POP card holders on the desk in front of me and the carton says "made in China". Same with stands.
Display towers and cubes were made by FABCON so I'm pretty sure that Bob's were outsourced too.
Ok I am wrong on my info because I do not have any of their display stuff. Thanks for the information and in that case then I would not mind buying a replica as long as it is good quality and I feel it is a decent price.

Ok I am wrong on my info because I do not have any of their display stuff. Thanks for the information and in that case then I would not mind buying a replica as long as it is good quality and I feel it is a decent price.

BTW I had ReggaeVegga over last week, I'd like to have some OF'ers down to the 'Nati sometime before Winter for a little GTG.

BTW I had ReggaeVegga over last week, I'd like to have some OF'ers down to the 'Nati sometime before Winter for a little GTG.
That sounds like a good time. Let me know when your thinking and give me a PM and hopefully I will be able to attend.

can someone post pictures of bob head from Oakley and a replica?
I am not sure anyone can really tell the difference. There is a thread on it, with comparisons, but when it comes down to it, who really knows anymore what is fake and what is real. Most try and tell by the detail on it, (grooves cut clean and straight, the bottom flaring out, the 4 pads, etc..) but the replicas have that too. They are all cast out of Plaster or ceramic so all have sanding marks from getting rid of the mold lines. Then Painted. An item like we have seen that has been fully painted, there is no way anyone could tell at that point if it were real or a replica. I have at least one Replica, and three possible real ones. They might be all replicas, but one I can see some difference. If painted, then probably could not. Hope this helps a little to explain.

For those who are against a Replica--- Think about this, Oakley did not make it, it was never for sale, I actually never saw one in a store or in any Oakley picture, It was a display piece if anything, and other than the "O" shape in the bottom on the neck, how would you know it is an Oakley. Now the Shadow Bob, that has no icon on it at all. Whether mine are real or replicas, I do not really care at the moment. Not really able to sell them, due to not knowing which one they are, so as display pieces I see it as not an issue. Just wish I didnt pay what i did for them, when maybe I could have gotten replicas cheaper. Also if items are really sold as replicas, then the actual real ones would be worth more, due to rarity. Just some thoughts.

Keep me in the loop... Might be heading to Indy for the weekend once the temperature drops a little.

Latest Posts

Back