• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Romeo 1 Jordan Information Page - At least 11 differences from a normal R1

Also because of the different shaped orbitals on the 4-digit Romeos, Eyejacket 1.0 lenses will fit directly in with no modifications necessary. Also note that all other Romeo lenses from the 6-digit frames are too large to fit.

Also because of the different shaped orbitals on the 4-digit Romeos, Eyejacket 1.0 lenses will fit directly in with no modifications necessary. Also note that all other Romeo lenses from the 6-digit frames are too large to fit.
I admit I’ve never try this switch with Eyejacket 1.0 lenses, now you lunch a small challenge to try them, haha

Thanks you guys! Updated.....

So many more differences that I had no idea about.
  • Around 100 pieces were delivered with XL X-metal metal vault (with or without inscription) (@Cody Oslo)
  • Nose bombs have smaller size than the normal R1 (@Cody Oslo)
  • Weight of these frames may be less (at least for the first hundred). Apparently the Titanium alloy was different in the beginning and consequently, they were lighter (@Cody Oslo)
  • The orbitals size are smaller then the regular 6 digit serialled Romeos (@Cody Oslo). Therefore eye jacket 1.0 lenses could be substituted into Jordans due to the smaller size (@gpstar)
  • Temple shocks from early Jordans have NO markings at all (@Cody Oslo)
  • Temple shocks from some of the versions released have a different font (@mjt42)

Was the X Metal vault different in any way from the standard XL X Metal vaults? I only ask because the R1 Jordan I bought came with an XL vault, the guy I bought it from said the vault came with the frame when he bought it. Unfortunately, he didn't keep the original packaging.

The early ones came with a HUGE oversized vault.
Does yours have ten rivets across the width?
Maybe post a pic?

The early ones came with a HUGE oversized vault.
Does yours have ten rivets across the width?
Maybe post a pic?
This is how XL Xmetal Vault looks like

16F6B65B-7E54-496A-96BF-849F4A6378B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Back