• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Search Function, SSL and Feedback

Hello @OakleyBoss . Any estimated time at which feedback system will be restored to the previous form where ona can add the link to the thread?. Also, no way to leave feedback on trades, just purchases and sales
Thanks

Still working on it - hoping in the next week or two, but just had a bunch of other items come up in the interim

I just used this 'interim' feedback function for the first time and I like it - a lot. I think its much cleaner and more relevant, different links for the Buying and Selling history makes more sense and the page presented is more informative and efficient.

All the feedback history seems to be in tact, which is nice.

I do not value the link to the thread nearly as much as the comments posted. And if I care that much I can search for it in many cases. A lot of sales happen with no PM posted or note in the thread otherwise, which makes the link less valuable IMO.

The only thing I would change is that it be easier to view/find your own trader history, as I had to engage myself from a post, as I would with other Members. This access/link was not apparent from my profile. This may be a trick of the light and an insufficient amount of caffeine, but it seemed like more effort than it should have been to see my own Trading information.

Whatever changes are still pending I vote for the current format moving forward. :)

I just used this 'interim' feedback function for the first time and I like it - a lot. I think its much cleaner and more relevant, different links for the Buying and Selling history makes more sense and the page presented is more informative and efficient.
All the feedback history seems to be in tact, which is nice.
I do not value the link to the thread nearly as much as the comments posted. And if I care that much I can search for it in many cases. A lot of sales happen with no PM posted or note in the thread otherwise, which makes the link less valuable IMO.
[...]
Whatever changes are still pending I vote for the current format moving forward. :)
I completely disagree with this view of the feedback system.
The current feedback system is broken and should be replaced ASAP.
The most important problem is the lack of a link to the transaction that the feedback supposedly refers to. That link was the only piece of objective evidence that third parties had access to when trying to determine whether or not feedback is genuine (i.e. refers to an actual transaction) or bogus (i.e. a friend leaving positive feedback for a buddy, when no actual transaction has taken place). In the current system, you have to search through Exchange threads if you want to investigate whether feedback is genuine.
Another significant problem is that there is no easy way to discover whether or not a member has any negative trading feedback, or to read that negative feedback if there is any. It would be nice to be able to see a list of negative or neutral feedback separated out from the positive feedback. In the current system, you may have to scroll through page after page of feedback just to find out whether or not a member has received any negative ratings.
Also, I appreciated the way the old system allowed members to leave detailed information about a transaction in addition to the brief transaction summary. My experience has been that some Sellers in the Exchange use specific PayPal scams to try to keep the Buyer's money without sending the purchased items. I would like to be able to describe those techniques in detail in my feedback as a caution to future Buyers, thereby hopefully ending those scams. But the current feedback system doesn't provide a good way to include so fine a level of detail.
Finally, contrary to MJLSr's experience, most members I have contacted have lost many transactions from their feedback history during the changeover from the old feedback system to the new, and have seen some transactions change classification (e.g. a Sale being listed as a Purchase).
I recognize that the feedback system was changed in order to improve the performance of the Forum.
I hope there is a way to beef up the new feedback system, though, because my experience is that there are some scammers in the Exchange, and a powerful feedback system could be an effective way to discourage them.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that the feedback should not be validated. :rolleyes:

All I am saying is that the new feedback interface is more 'friendly' - I like it more. I'm not addressing the quality/accuracy of the data at all. If the data is not validated somehow then just do away with 'feedback' all together.

Doubling down... That said as long as the feedback is validated initially, somehow, I find it useless at least half the time, maybe more.

Happy Sunday!

Back