• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sellers Requesting PayPal Friends and Family

I just had an overseas potential buyer, asking me if I would ship to an address in NY, which doesn't match his address on file with PP, I said yes, as long as he pays F&F, but he wanted G&S. People need to understand that as a seller, if you ship to a different address than the one on file, you have no protection. Even if the package gets delivered to that address, if the buyers opens a claim, PP will quickly rule in the buyer's favor, and the seller will lose the item and the money.

There are situations in which it is necessary to ask for F&F, that one being one of them
Looks more like a reason to back the hell out of the transaction than a reason to use F&F.

Would you do it if it was the 2nd, 3rd, or 10th time? Asking for a friend

Many international buyers have forwarding US addresses, which works great for US sellers. I'm willing to send to USA address, when dealing with overseas OF buyers, as long as they're willing to pay F&F. But as soon as he said he would pay G&S, puffff, deal was off
I thought it was possible to still pay G & S, but include the intended shipping address in the PayPal notes as instructions which can be used as "evidence" for both seller and buyer.

I thought it was possible to still pay G & S, but include the intended shipping address in the PayPal notes as instructions which can be used as "evidence" for both seller and buyer.

Yeah, it's simple as that bro

Good to know about the address on file thing. My paypal account was set up with my legal address, but I’m currently living at a different address. Just went in PayPal and changed my address to avoid any problems in the future.

Check Buyer Beware-Mars Scam. Towards the most recent convo's.

Back