• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Oakley Forum 500 Member Free Oakley Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoo I'm from England! I love oakleys as they design so many sunnies for loads of different sports and so many pros allover the globe want to promote them! They are technically the sunglass brand out there in my eyes never had a problem! Also the keep the sun our my eyes and look sic! I got my first pair 3 years ago when got my first job and I want my collection to keep growing! Big love to Oakley!

Oakley started when Jim Jannard was driving around one down and noticed his sunglasses were too distorted and putting much unneeded strain on his eyes. He paid top dollar and realized he was paying for the name and not necessarily for a better product. Determined to figure out why, he set out to make something better. He noticed that the materials being used (glass, plastic, etc) were not durable and were downright dangerous for the consumer to wear in the event of an accident. The result developed what Oakley now calls Plutonite lenses (a special Polycarbonate, sporting ANZI Z87.1 protection). Concerning distortion, the by product of his research was a sunglass lens that tapered from the center to the outside to make perfect clarity at any angle the user looked from, or what came to be known as XYZ Optics. He then later on made what is known as HD Polarized lenses, in which the lenses are individually injected rather than having layers stacked upon each other, which distort your vision.

This drive to make products above and beyond the traditional standards of the competition is what inspires me to tell people the story of Oakley. Jim's attitude to go above and beyond has made Oakley what it is today. He didn't accept what other brands were coming out with and wanted to start a revolution in the sunglass world.

Even with Jim gone, Oakley continues to push the envelope with every new sunglass design that is released. From the beach to the ball field, Oakley has you covered for whatever you need. This doesn't even include the apparel, backpacks, footwear, luggage, and many of the other products that Oakley makes.

Oakley did and still does what many companies don't, and that's taking bold chances by coming out with new standards for how your products should be made and handle the elements. I will never wear anything other than Oakley.

Greetings from Singapore!

First pair of Oakley i ever bought were Frogskins and M Frames back in the early 90s. Then followed by the era of Zeroes, e-wires and Romeos, was hooked ever since.
Sadly, over the years... many of them were lost, stolen, worn out, sat on, ran over, dog ate it... but it keeps me coming back for more!

I'd like to say congrats to OakleyBoss for setting up this forum and getting over 500 members in such a short time frame. It's a great place to share and learn among Oakley fans, both new and veteran.

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers!

Hello, I'm from the USA and I've been wearing Oakleys for almost five years now. I got my first pair, sweeping M frames issued by the US Army way back in Oct 2006. I've bought half jackets, flak jackets, bottle caps, and been issued ballistic M frames since then. I've also used their mil spec boots and gloves, great stuff. The main reason I love Oakley is the look and comfort brings forth while still offering maximum protection; I've worn Oakleys while on patrol in Iraq and still wear them for leisure and when I'm out cycling, great job guys keep up the good work.

I live in Florida, USA. Oakley seems like a cool brand. Just have to bring myself to spend upwards of $100 for a pair of sunglasses. With my active lifestyle I'm constantly afraid they'll break.

From Canada here, and Oakleys continue to set the standard for cutting edge technology and trending fashion

Assigned o'seas 22 yrs & now assigned to Iowa. Been wearing Oakley's since 1999 when I had Lasik; lost the 1st ones I bought back in 99 in the airport just last week, but still have my 2nd in the car & 3rd in my office. Will buy replacement this week. How much do I like my Oakleys? When I went to the desert several years ago, I accidentally forgot them, so my wife mailed them to me! They're great when I'm driving, working outside, scuba diving, doing yard work, etc. Besides the great sunglasses, I also wear the boots, gloves, shirts & pants because everything is of good quality.

From the United States ,I love Oakley because been wearing Oakley shades since as long as I could remember, always fit great for sports and look good too.

U.S.A. Oakley has been the best brand since they've started. They have the best quality and also have great style. I wouldn't wear anything else besides Oakley. I hope to see Oakley keep growing as well as their fan group.

im from indiana,usa,i think that the oakley company is probaly the best company their is out their.they sell really cool and fashionable sunglasses and other neat products. i think all people should have a pair of these awesome sun glasses.hopefully i win,but if i dont im sure someone else will enjoy them.thank u.god bless the usa...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back