• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

The Video Games Thread

I have a G903 on a shelf too, but unused - bought it when my MS Sidewinder X8 seemed to be giving up the ghost but that got a second wind. Don’t know how many years I’ve been using that now but it’s a lot!

The g903 is a great mouse with a great sensor, I used it for like 3 years. I only shelved it to try a more modern lighter mouse. I love the shape and amount of buttons on the G903, it's just from the back end of a different era in mice. it's a little heavy and sluggish (over 110g) compared to todays superlight trend for quick fine aim adjustments on FPS games. I picked up a G pro X superlight wireless (60g) a few weeks ago. after getting use to the lighter mouse (it felt too light at first). it is hard to go back to a heavier mouse.

it's funny that just a few years ago they shipped a 110 gram mouse with extra weights you could add to make it even heavier if you wanted. now a lot of the top gaming mice have bodies that look like swiss cheese to keep the weight down.

The g903 is a great mouse with a great sensor, I used it for like 3 years. I only shelved it to try a more modern lighter mouse. I love the shape and amount of buttons on the G903, it's just from the back end of a different era in mice. it's a little heavy and sluggish (over 110g) compared to todays superlight trend for quick fine aim adjustments on FPS games. I picked up a G pro X superlight wireless (60g) a few weeks ago. after getting use to the lighter mouse (it felt too light at first). it is hard to go back to a heavier mouse.

it's funny that just a few years ago they shipped a 110 gram mouse with extra weights you could add to make it even heavier if you wanted. now a lot of the top gaming mice have bodies that look like swiss cheese to keep the weight down.
My current mouse is 144g! I don’t think I’d get on with the lightweight trend - I like them to have a bit of heft, plus it gives a quality feel.

Nothing I play needs that much sensitivity that being that lightweight will help. I play using the 1000dpi option on the X8 and find the maximum 4000dpi far too twitchy.

Interesting to see you getting on with them on console though. I play FFXIV pretty much exclusively on PC but have it installed on PS4 too (and will install it on PS5 when natively available) but don’t play it as a joypad can’t cope with optimal rotations. Could swap desk for couch sometimes if I had a decent k+m setup on the consoles.

My current mouse is 144g! I don’t think I’d get on with the lightweight trend - I like them to have a bit of heft, plus it gives a quality feel.

Nothing I play needs that much sensitivity that being that lightweight will help. I play using the 1000dpi option on the X8 and find the maximum 4000dpi far too twitchy.

Interesting to see you getting on with them on console though. I play FFXIV pretty much exclusively on PC but have it installed on PS4 too (and will install it on PS5 when natively available) but don’t play it as a joypad can’t cope with optimal rotations. Could swap desk for couch sometimes if I had a decent k+m setup on the consoles.

yea for RPG's and MMO's the g903 weight was great.

Most pros use between 800 to 1600 dpi. I switched to 1200 dpi at 1.0 in game sensitivity multiplier lately after I was using 2400 dpi for a few years and my aim has drastically improved. I have no idea why mice can go up to like 25,000 dpi besides companies trying to flex by advertising high sensor numbers. I used to wrongly think that you needed to be able to do a 360deg turn with a swipe across your mouse pad. I forced myself to get used to a bit over a 180deg turn on screen across the mouse pad and it really smoothed out aim control.

They just released mouse and keyboard support for the Halo Master Chief Collection on consoles yesterday. I always had those games on console instead of PC so it's awesome to go back and get to re play all the single player campaigns on mouse and keyboard.

Untitled.png

F51A77E0-DBC5-42A9-9254-67E744234354.jpeg

Enjoying this quite a lot. Don’t think it will have the lifespan of a Destiny but I don’t want a game as a service, just a decent campaign to play through, maybe a bit of messing about in the end game and then move on to the next thing.

I play as a Devastator, whose role is to get up close and personal with the bad guys, where a mix of your abilities and a shotgun makes for a fun play style. Not the best for end game groups apparently but fine for solo play.

View attachment 855986

Enjoying this quite a lot. Don’t think it will have the lifespan of a Destiny but I don’t want a game as a service, just a decent campaign to play through, maybe a bit of messing about in the end game and then move on to the next thing.

I play as a Devastator, whose role is to get up close and personal with the bad guys, where a mix of your abilities and a shotgun makes for a fun play style. Not the best for end game groups apparently but fine for solo play.
I also am playing as a Devastator!

Outriders looks like fun, I just think I mostly only have room in my gaming time for one looter shooter. I should try it, but I always turn to Destiny 2 when I want some looter shooter action. I finally made time to play Borderlands 3 and I have had that game like for 2 years. lol. I had no desire to play Borderlands 3 after the story ended either. Destiny 2 just keeps going with more DLC story that keeps me playing that.

Outriders looks like fun, I just think I mostly only have room in my gaming time for one looter shooter. I should try it, but I always turn to Destiny 2 when I want some looter shooter action. I finally made time to play Borderlands 3 and I have had that game like for 2 years. lol. I had no desire to play Borderlands 3 after the story ended either. Destiny 2 just keeps going with more DLC story that keeps me playing that.
I played the original Destiny but it made my blood pressure absolutely SOAR at a time when that was a bad idea so I dropped it like a hot potato. I just found it too stressful and I imagine 2 would be the same. I play Outriders at a difficulty where it’s exciting but not too taxing and that works fine for me.

I play mostly World of Warcraft now in preparation for TBC and Warzone. I have to use the Razer Naga with 12 button side panel now a days, once you use that much convenience it’s hard to not use it anymore.

Latest Posts

Back