• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tron Pit Boss

My son got a pair of Oakley Tron Pit Boss glasses from his uncle back when they came out. Not his style so they sat in his room for years. He has now gotten married and they are still sitting in my house. We were going to donate them to a local charity but I found this forum when I was trying to figure out what they might be worth. Was surprised to find that they appear to be in demand since they have been sitting on a shelf in his old room for years. Are these things really something that Oakely collectors are still looking for?
You’d be best off selling them and donating the cash to charity, not sure the market last pair I seen went for 850.00 but it fluctuates

You’d be best off selling them and donating the cash to charity, not sure the market last pair I seen went for 850.00 but it fluctuates
thanks. That was my thought, but texted my son and now he wants to split the proceeds even though he left them here when he moved his stuff to their new house. HAHA. He didn't care about them until Dad does a bit of research and finds out people want them....

thanks. That was my thought, but texted my son and now he wants to split the proceeds even though he left them here when he moved his stuff to their new house. HAHA. He didn't care about them until Dad does a bit of research and finds out people want them....
If you leave going to list them on eBay list them before 2022 their policies are changing and you’ll have to pay income tax on your sale. But I’m sure someone on here would be interested in them @TK7

So my nephew just texted me back and he remembers getting them, but doesn't remember what happened to them. My wife is now VERY confident that her sister confiscated those things Christmas morning and put them up somewhere.
So I've lost the bet. My sister in law just called my wife and she did indeed confiscate those things right away and they have been sitting in a drawer for over a decade. She just laughed when I asked if she was going to split the sale with her son. Looks like there might be two pairs of these up for grabs.

So I've lost the bet. My sister in law just called my wife and she did indeed confiscate those things right away and they have been sitting in a drawer for over a decade. She just laughed when I asked if she was going to split the sale with her son. Looks like there might be two pairs of these up for grabs.
That’s awesome, good luck with your sale, if you have any questions feel free to pm me

You should have no problem moving them when you are ready...
Still have the box?
There is an outerbox, a wooden inner box, the glasses and the oakely bag (looks like the typical oakley bag that came with all my other oakley sunglasses, but it has tron stuff on it) along with a couple pieces of paperwork that came with them. My sister in law says she has all that stuff too. I don't think my son's pair have ever been on anyone's face. I remember my son thought they were cool since he was a big fan of the movie, but definitely not his style so he was never going to wear them. Don't think any of us thought about them being collectible at the time.

It just keeps getting better...
0ad14940322468513a2490496c91dbb6.gif

If they were gifts, all the money should go to the people they were gifted to.
LOL. The mother's are disagreeing with you.... They are both laughing that they raised those boys, got them through college, and now both are married. My sister in law just called it her mom tax.... My wife told our son that what ever they sell for is the rent for storing them for him.... These mom's would move mountains for those boys, but they feel no regret in not giving any of the proceeds to them. I'm still laughing at them and amazed that this is a thing after them sitting on a shelf for 10+ years.

Back