• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Updated Pictures Of My Collection- A New Member From Florida

BenVictory

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I am a new member, I wanted to join and share my small collection. I have loved Oakleys since I was a kid. My first pair were my moms E-Wire that she scratched up too much and gave to me. This was probably 1997. The first pair I bought myself was the next year, they were Eye Jackets (moss and gold) which my parents tried to talk me out of (I looked like a bug), but I loved them and worked hard for the money. When I realized I looked like a bug and had saved up enough I bought some algae/gold fives.

My dad went to New York, and bought me 100 pair of fake Oakleys in China Town, mostly Eye Jackets and Fives, and a few Minutes, for $150, and told me to start a business by selling to my friends. I know you guys don't like fakes here, but I was only 13 in 1999, and I sold them to my friends for $10, and they knew they were fake. I used a lot of the money I made to buy real oakleys, buying a pair of crystal black Fives, and matte black Fives, as I realized the green glasses I was always wearing didn't really match anything else I wore.

Since then I have been stuck on Oakley, wearing mostly Fives and Whiskers, and going through many pairs as I beat the heck out of them. I just now started collecting them, and trying to keep them in better condition. Of course I had to buy a display case at Ikea for them, I would have rather had an Oakley case but can't find one for a decent price near me.

I only collect what I wear, so no Over The Tops or Jawbones, or Oil Rigs for me as those don't really suit me. I work on the water, so most of my lenses are polarized.

The whole case, only pair missing is a pair of crystal black Fives 3.0s with prescription lenses which are in my car, and two more pairs of beat up Whiskers.
The bottom shelf just has some giveaway Cruzan Rum sunglasses, and some of the Oakley Boxes.

You may also see some micro clear cases from glasses I do not have. I just bought a few on eBay that I really liked so I do not have to use the standard black all the time.
case.jpg

The wires/metals. Two of my four Whiskers are in the back (one is Titanium), SI Splinters and Half X in the front.
Metals.jpg?t=1340311637

My "lifestyle" Oakleys; Don Pendleton Fuel Cell, Canvas Fuel Cell (currently for sale on eBay), Bob Burnquist Fuel Cell (also for sale right now on eBay), Jupiter Squared Black and Jade, and my custom Crankcases in Black with Ice Iridium Lenses an Blue Icons (Ill show better pics of these and explain below)
Lifestyle.jpg

And of course my Fives. Crystal Blue 3.0, Crystal Black 2.0, Algae/Gold 1.0, and Tortoise Fives Squared
Fives.jpg

I love the vintage Oakley Fives, and I just bought another pair on eBay, a Crystal Black 1.0. Now I just need to find some new lenses for the Algae's as there are a few scratches on them.

UPDATE 8/1/2012

Here is how my collection stands now only a few weeks later:
photo-6.jpg

3 Pair Jupiter Squared; Valentino Rossi, Jade, and The Yuvraj Singh Singnature which I think is only available in Europe?
Also my customized Matte Black/Ice Blue Crankcases (I bought Black and Violet, and Clear and Ice and swapped lenses and icons to make them)
And my Don Pendleton Fuel Cell which I swapped Black Iridium Polarized lenses into
photo-7.jpg

My Fives collection: Algae/Gold 1.0, Crystal Black/BI 1.0, Crystal Black/BI Polarized 2.0, Crystal Blue/BI Polarized 3.0, and Tortoise/Bronze Polarized Fives Squared (not in the display are Smoke 3.0 with prescription lenses)
photo-8.jpg

My only metal pair left is a SI Splinter Polarized, but there is room for an X Squared, just need to find a deal on a pair.
photo-1.jpg

Here are my Jade Jupiter Squared along with my Custom Crankcase. I had two buy two pair of Crankcases at the Oakley Vault, and switch the lenses and icons as I wanted my Crankcases to be Matte Black and Ice Iridium Polarized with Blue Icons. For some reason it is hard to get a good picture of these, but they really are great, and I have gotten a lot of comments on them.
photo.jpg

I sold the other pair, a Matte Clear/Violet Iridium pair on eBay, I really wanted to keep them as they looked so cool, but I knew I would never actually wear them. They sold almost immediately. I included a pic of those too.

purple.jpg

Welcome to the forum! I might be your man for the Fives lenses. I have quite a few lenses from that era (Fives, Minute, SJ, XX, etc). What colour are you looking for?

Awesome, great to get such great feedback already I look forward to learning more, and possibly growing my collection here.

Well I just helped you out with a pair... welcome to the site. Not sure why I bought them.. but I did. Thanks!

Thanks for buying them, great to see them go to another member here! I just boxed them up and I am mailing them out in the morning! I wish I wasn't selling them, I think the icons are great in bamboo, but I never wore them, so I need to sell them to buy something I will actually wear.

Did I really sell to you? Your location info is Louisiana, I dropped them off locally around here in Largo, FL. Or did he turn right around and sell to you?
Anyways I am glad they are on here too, and that people were able to notice and point it out! I wanted to keep those but was pressured into selling by my girlfriend who thinks I have too many, and I never wear anything purple to go with those anyways.

Back