• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
All,

I have a pair of X-Metal XX, 24k/24k 1st Generation - Serial Number XG002601. I remember exactly when and where I was when I purchased them. I was at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney Australia. For years I thought the glasses were limited edition specific to the 2000 Sydney Olympics (because of the 24k gold I thought it was to represent the gold medal of the olympics) Anywho, I have to divest myself of this treasure. Can anyone give me any advice as to how much these are worth nowadays? Glasses are in mint condition, never worn outside (put on several times in the house [couldn't resist]) - bag and original box included (14 year old glasses).

Thoughts?

DMS

Read more: http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/hello-all.33089/#ixzz341FnCNjY

All,

I have a pair of X-Metal XX, 24k/24k 1st Generation - Serial Number XG002601. I remember exactly when and where I was when I purchased them. I was at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney Australia. For years I thought the glasses were limited edition specific to the 2000 Sydney Olympics (because of the 24k gold I thought it was to represent the gold medal of the olympics) Anywho, I have to divest myself of this treasure. Can anyone give me any advice as to how much these are worth nowadays? Glasses are in mint condition, never worn outside (put on several times in the house [couldn't resist]) - bag and original box included (14 year old glasses).

Thoughts?

DMS

Read more: http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/hello-all.33089/#ixzz341FnCNjY
5-600

9a9ege5u.jpg
4yravyda.jpg
ubasa8ab.jpg
u4abyda2.jpg
esa4a3ub.jpg

balue of IH SJ lenses with hairline scratches. Was gonna cut for x metals..

Hi,
I've registered in the hope that i can get a bit of help.
I've got a pair of Oakley Romeo 1.0 in black iridium which ive had for about 10 years, but haven't worn in a long long time as living in Scotland the opportunity to wear them is minimal and i also now need prescription lenses in my glasses.
I've come across the frames again while looking for other sunglasses and looked into trying to reglaze them with prescription lenses when i've seen a pair of them on ebay for over £500 (about $800) so im now considering selling them.
They dont have the box or any of the other stuff that goes with them, its just the frames. There is minimal wear & tear on the frames themselves with just a little bit of scuffing, The nosepads are missing and the lenses are scratched and will need replaced but i was wondering what a realistic value on them would be in that condition
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Well in the condition youve mentioned with out the box or any extras I'd say around $350-400. The $800 you saw on ebay either didnt sell at that price or it was complete and mint.

Hi,

Posted this in the x-metal discussion before i realised this thread was here.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/romeo-1s.33249/

Thanks

Since your lenses are trashed and you dont have the box... I would say you are looking at $360-$415 USD just for the frame depending on condition of the scuffs you mentioned and serial number. Hence the median price would be $387.50 which is probably real close to the true value of the frame.

Back